TWS, is it possible to do in Blockland?

Author Topic: TWS, is it possible to do in Blockland?  (Read 2250 times)

TWS (Thermal Weapon Sight), I haven't seen much of discussion about this really, tbh I have not searched for any info regarding if TWS is possible in Blockland.

So tell me, is this really possible?

No? What makes it impossible?
There's no real way to make a player or vehicle glow without hacking into the game engine itself.

No? What makes it impossible?
You can't render stuff from the server on the for a single client for their client side only.

And i don't think it's possible to show vehicles and players through walls

There's no real way to make a player or vehicle glow without hacking into the game engine itself.
You can't render stuff from the server on the for a single client for their client side only.
And i don't think it's possible to show vehicles and players through walls

Well stuff.

Torque engine is not powerful. Especially the really old one Blockland uses.

seems like it would be a shader if anything

Torque engine is not powerful. Especially the really old one Blockland uses.
this isn't a lack of power or anything, just a lack of the means to do it without serious engine changes

this isn't a lack of power or anything, just a lack of the means to do it without serious engine changes
meaning more power

You can do this somehow by putting a transparent shape in front of the player, I know some crappy knife add-on had this glitch (see players and vehicles through walls) but I never figured it out.

The exact effect cannot be replicated, no.

You can do this somehow by putting a transparent shape in front of the player, I know some crappy knife add-on had this glitch (see players and vehicles through walls) but I never figured it out.
Cloak and Dagger does this

meaning more power
that's a really strange way to use the word "power" in software but ok

i don't remember what the specific property was of a material that made it happen, but some translucent effects (this goes for bricks and vehicles too) won't render bricks behind them
this is definitely a thing that could be take advantage of, but it's far from an ideal solution