Author Topic: Cant host.  (Read 1729 times)

Ok,well I can but no one can join because i have the" --- "ping. Ive had it for a couple of days and it wont go away.
ive tryed re-installing and ive tryed changing my port....none of it worked.

Could anyone help me?
thanks.

the reason is because your internet isn't the greatest

either that or you haven't port-forwarded

I don't think "Changing" your port is going to help with this

I might just be talking out of my ass, someone with more knowledge of these gizmos will probably give you a more legitimate answer..

You need to port forward. You can google a tutorial. Blockland uses port 28000 by default.

Umm...Is there any other way?
the port forward thing asked for a password that i dont know.

I'm assuming that was the administrator password, if so just ask the owner of the computer.

I'm having the same-ish Problem i used to host then nobody could join for some reason  :panda:

If you haven't changed your router's password it's likely still default. There are sources on the internet with a list of default usernames and passwords. Typically, the username is admin and the password blank or admin. It varies depending on the manufacturer of the router. You can go to portforward.com for help.

You need to port forward. You can google a tutorial. Blockland uses port 28000 by default.
UPnP is supposed to work for IP's using DHCP but half the time it breaks.

I'm assuming that was the administrator password, if so just ask the owner of the computer.
It's the router's gateway password. Completely different.

If you haven't changed your router's password it's likely still default. There are sources on the internet with a list of default usernames and passwords. Typically, the username is admin and the password blank or admin. It varies depending on the manufacturer of the router. You can go to portforward.com for help.
This and you can find a list of default router passwords here:
http://www.routerpasswords.com/

Most of the time the router has a sticker on it somewhere with the default log-in information.
If you rent your router from your ISP, you may have to call them and ask for the gateway password.

http://blockland.us/portForward

Isnt port forwarding risky?

Isnt port forwarding risky?

Yes, It makes your computer more vulnerable to certain attacks like DoS/ DDoS. Realistically, hosting in general is risky. Your IP is openly available.

Yes, It makes your computer more vulnerable to certain attacks like DoS/ DDoS. Realistically, hosting in general is risky. Your IP is openly available.
Nonsense, that you've opened a port doesn't make anything more vulnerable than it already is. If you're hosting all packets sent to that port are forwarded to blockland, which just drops useless ones. If you aren't hosting your computer will just drop them as there is nothing listening on that specific port.

Not sure what you mean with the second part. Your IP in general is public information and not dangerous.

Blockland is like the only game that uses UPnP correctly which is supposed to make it so you dont need to port forward

How are people still having these problems lmao

Blockland is like the only game that uses UPnP correctly which is supposed to make it so you dont need to port forward

How are people still having these problems lmao
That it works correctly for you doesn't automatically mean it works correctly for everyone else.

Its not default...is there anyway for your computer to tell you?

Ok,well now ive got a another problem.i cant join any servers.it crashes when it gets to Downloading file manifest.