Author Topic: Hover Vehicle Template  (Read 1212 times)

Looking through the output of the dumpconsoleClasses function, I noticed another type of vehicle datablock: the hover vehicle. I'm not sure how it would function, as I couldnt successfully operate a vehicle made with it, but it would be an intresting new type of vehicle. Looking at the values with it, it looked as if it would function like the alpha flying vehicles. It would be intrestting to see this actually used in a successful feature.

I made an attempt to make a HoverVehicleData vehicle using the magic carpet's model.

It failed. Flew away and echo'd "vehicledata on collision" every time it collided with something. And said collisions were poor.

Yeah, I heard the hover vehicle doesn't work very well.

I used the console to take control of mine, but it didn't move.

I read somewhere that the class was unstable and needed work on it, it was something from tribes when they "converted" the engine to torque.

The original blockland didn't seem to have as much trouble as retail has with hover classes, so it must be something in the realm of retail as I recall AiO had some hard to maneuver hover vehicles, but functioning ones.

The vehicle never showed up with two models I tried (my own and a 'hoverbike' made by Bushido), blanked the screen red for no reason in F11 when I tried to look at it and did the vehicledata oncollision echo every half second.

Just use the flying carpet, that has "jet" stuff which is used to keep it partially above the ground. Increase the jet force a lot.

hover vehicles would be cool but why have that when you can have flying jeeps

Because, with it, you can have flying jeeps that can park in mid air.

Or jeeps that can hover over water. :cookieMonster: