Author Topic: looking to buy a < $40 gaming mouse  (Read 2015 times)

Those are some flashy mice for a two button device.
I also need a new mouse, but it seems the market is flooded by wireless battery sucking monsters...

Those are some flashy mice for a two button device.
I'm struggling to find tamer options.
There's apparently no market for gamers who don't want a light show.

What kind of covering is on the bottom of the mouse? The slidey pad things? Could you take a picture of the bottom for me, please? Some of the reviews are describing extremely loud clicks, so I'd be modifying that. Aside from that (which was my main priority :c ) this mouse is covering all the bases.

not my picture, but here's the bottom of the mouse.

stuff, I should've just googled that myself

Thanks. Looks like those shouldn't be impossible to remove and replace.

It really grinds my gears that a lot of mouses have forced-on LEDs. Also, lug, how do you reduce the clickiness of the mice?

I found this guide which walks you through it. All you need is a tiny screwdriver and a razor blade.

http://m.instructables.com/id/Ninja-Mouse-The-Silent-Click/

It boils down to taking the plastic off, opening the button assembly, and pushing the metal contacts so the clicky part moves less, meaning less click sound.

It makes the button have a lower tolerance for clicking though, so it's more sensitive.

Way loving quieter though.

I decided to go with the SHARK one that Satan recommended. It was a toss up between that one and the one pecon recommended, but in the end the SHARK won out primarily because I'm not a claw grip mouse holder. I conducted a critical 2 hour "study" to determine this, with methodology including playing counterstrike then checking my hand position whenever i remembered.

Anyway, thanks for the help, guys. Lots of great suggestions for various ranges and tastes.