Author Topic: Should I get Monster Hunter Ultimate 4?  (Read 388 times)

Is there a better newer one comming out?

What is the game like?

yes
  • There are many classes to choose from, each can suit your own needs. Gunner, Lancer, Sword & Shield, etc.
  • There are currently free DLC patches each month with several new expeditions, armor, and weapons
  • There is local and online multiplayer, so you can hunt with friends
  • Customizable panels to suit your own style at the bottom of the screen (panels are things you use to customize your layout, like a map or item section)
  • Long campaign
  • Huge weapon tree
  • Unique bosses
That's all I can think of at the moment
this is one of the weapon trees (for the long sword)

Edit: Oh, how could I forget the Palicoes? From the wiki:
"You can bring one Main and one Sub Palico with you on a Quest. If you want to bring Palicoes with you on a Quest, your first one must be your Main Palico. A second, Sub Palico can be selected from the Palicoes you have recruited. Main Palicoes are created when you first start the game and create your character. They are with you from the very beginning of the story."
They also have several Forte Types to help your hunter during a quest. Fighting, Protection, Support, Healing, Bombing, Stealing, Leadership, Treasure, Launching, and Stamina. I've heard they could also purrform team attacks. Purrtuoso ups your maximum health and stamina. I don't use palicoes often, though, and you'll probably forget about them unless you use them often.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2015, 02:52:46 PM by Snoop Da Dogg »

Ah, sounds good.
But is there a new one comming out soon?

If not I'll probably give it a go.

Ah, sounds good.

actually, this is the new one. no new ones have been announced.

actually, this is the new one. no new ones have been announced.
Ah neat, are there any "New 3DS" exclusives or can I play this fine on my normal one?

Ah neat, are there any "New 3DS" exclusives or can I play this fine on my normal one?
I play it on a normal 3ds, but with a new 3ds you can control the camera without using touch screen or pressing R. It also looks way better from what I've heard. But it's still an amazing game.

Ah, sounds good.

This is the latest game in the series so far, it came out in February so there's plenty of time to enjoy it.

But anyway, reasons why you should get this game:

• Extremely rewarding combat, killing a monster makes you feel like a badass.
  • You can break heads, arms, wings, hell, even lop off the tail of some monsters!
  • Some monsters are also pretty awesome, with the power to change the entire ecosystem of an area.
  • You can take the parts of the monsters you kill and turn them into hats. Yes, hats.
  • There are 14 different weapon types, and you are given one of each at the start of the game. Try all of them out, and use the one which suits your playstyle the most.
  • There are vast possibilities for weapon upgrades, just check out Snoop Da Dog's post for an example. Each has their distinct possibilities, such as being able to inflict status effects (Sleep, Paralysis, or Poison) or elemental damage (Fire, Water, Thunder, Ice, and Dragon) on your foes.
  • Local/Online multiplayer, where you can team up with 3 others to hunt some monsters!
  • This game isn't a mere hack and slash, running in mashing buttons will get you killed in seconds. You actually have to read monsters attacks and wait until they're vulnerable to strike.

This isn't a New 3DS exclusive, but playing it on the New 3DS noticeably improves performance/quality. But either way, get this game now.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2015, 05:09:02 PM by Glass Joe »