Author Topic: Fake Items with UI Names [Solved]  (Read 1508 times)

I made a mod that uses the Tools menu (accesed with Q) as a multilevel command menu.

See It In Action

The only issue is, for the menu names to be visible in the tools menu, they also have to show up in the wrench gui. Is there any way to prevent them from showing up in the wrench menus?
« Last Edit: May 19, 2015, 12:57:36 PM by tommybricksetti »

If you do this through the brick cart, you can hide them from the brick menu by not defining a category name, while still having their ui name visible in the cart. I don't know that items have a field that would do the same. Perhaps consider this method though, as there are several pros and cons when compared to the tool menu method.

I think that the item datablocks are sent to the client side, and the list for the itemDatablocks on the client side is used to the wrench GUI. If that is the case then you might be SOL doing this server-sided. If your making a client add on for this project, then you can just mess around with packaging the wrenchgui itself.

If it isnt (which it could be) then look into packaging the server sided function that is called to send the client the wrenchgui data. If you can package that function, you can remove the specific items that you dont want on that list.

If you do this through the brick cart, you can hide them from the brick menu by not defining a category name, while still having their ui name visible in the cart. I don't know that items have a field that would do the same. Perhaps consider this method though, as there are several pros and cons when compared to the tool menu method.
These are items not bricks. Does that method also work with items?

These are items not bricks. Does that method also work with items?

You create fake bricks like he is creating fake items.

you can put items in the brick cart too and they will be shown with their item icons

you can put items in the brick cart too and they will be shown with their item icons
Ended up making imaginary bricks like you guys suggested.