Author Topic: Making sounds and music?  (Read 520 times)

So I used to be a massive fan of roblox, but after i realised it was not that fun anymore. Anyway I still take ideas from roblox and construct them in my own ways, trying to improve them. This video link

-https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VyoJDb5jShk-

has music that I need in blockland (skip to 1:21). I've made a powerplant lab and I need to know how to make this music into a sound really. I want it to be a sound because with music once it ends it loops. However I also want to know how to add my own music to blockland and how to make it. Can someone tell me how to do it? I have stuff like sony vegas pro editor but I doubt i'd even need that to make this music a sound! I still need to know how to make this into music though because I don't think there is a serverwide sound event that booms it into everyone's ears, but I know theres a serverwide music brick.

1.) Download Audacity
2.) Throw your desired song into Audacity
3.) You must trim it under 30 seconds (make sure you learn the Program)
4.) After its under 30 seconds, set the track to Mono
5.) Save, and throw your stuff into your Music Folder

If this doesn't help, go here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9lEGBgw3vU

Make it a mono off for is loop under 30 seconds.

If you don't know how, request it in someone's music thread.

You must trim it under 30 seconds (make sure you learn the Program)
Incorrect, it can be any length as long as it's under 1MB in size.

Ok thanks for the help, Ive added my music to my powerplant meltdown. Now I just need to know how to make sounds. Anyone know?

Ok thanks for the help, Ive added my music to my powerplant meltdown. Now I just need to know how to make sounds. Anyone know?
Same thing, except sounds need to be .wav files and have a small line of code to add the datablock. Worry not, it's very easy.
datablock AudioProfile(soundnameyouwant)
{
   filename = "./sound.wav";
   description = AudioClosest3d;
   preload = false;
};
Replace soundnameyouwant with whatever you want it to be. This name will be in the list of the playsound event.
Replace sound.wav with the path to your file. The ./ saves a lot of time by directing the script to it's parent file. So, if you put hi.wav and the script in the same .zip file, you can just use filename = "./hi.wav"; to get to it.
Leave the rest of the things alone, and save as server.cs. Make sure it ends with .cs and not be .cs.txt.
Make sure both the sound(s) and the .cs file are in the same .zip file or folder. Move to add-ons. Done.