Poll

Do you have any interest in using the Search and Destroy gamemode? (I'm considering dropping support for it)

Yes.
5 (41.7%)
No.
7 (58.3%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Author Topic: Slayer 4 Testing and Development  (Read 29333 times)

The basic gist of it is as follows:

slayer.pathHandler.FunctionNa me(..);
wh- what im sorry i dont even console

Oh, mistook this for a coding help environment, sorry!

I have never worked with the bricks themselves, can't help you there..

OP, a tutorial on how we are supposed to use bots would be nice
all my bots just hang around the spawn and act like the default bots instead of doing objectives

do previous gamemodes work with this currently?

i thought you said you ceased development at one point, by the way. great work tho :^)

Setting favorites isn't working for me. I'm clicking the buttons and they show the animations they should, but none of the numbers on top turn white.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2015, 04:10:49 PM by Bosie1997 »

I can't to seem to save any presets
again, but sorry...

OP, a tutorial on how we are supposed to use bots would be nice
all my bots just hang around the spawn and act like the default bots instead of doing objectives

Simply place path nodes all over your build (at every corner, etc). These are what allow the bot to navigate, so they should be everywhere and within sight of each other. Then place a capture point or rally node (be sure that you have path nodes everywhere), reset the minigame, and the bots will attempt to capture it.

do previous gamemodes work with this currently?

Most game modes should work although CTF does not.

Setting favorites isn't working for me. I'm clicking the buttons and they show the animations they should, but none of the numbers on top turn white.
Ah, thanks.

Simply place path nodes all over your build (at every corner, etc). These are what allow the bot to navigate, so they should be everywhere and within sight of each other. Then place a capture point or rally node (be sure that you have path nodes everywhere), reset the minigame, and the bots will attempt to capture it.

Most game modes should work although CTF does not.
Ah, thanks.
Ayyy thanks

EDIT: Alright another problem bots never spawn on there spawns only on the default spawn sphere never wield weapons always flee and ignore team balancing? i set a team to only have 1 person and it decides to add 5 players to each? they also ignore path nodes and rally points with nothing being printed to the console
« Last Edit: May 27, 2015, 01:50:20 AM by BreadFish »

Any way you could add a new event to this new version? An event for OnPlayer*blah*Zone (Team1/2/etc.)
Also, is there a way to make each team have a way of winning when the others are dead? I have a 3 team TDM where 2 teams' goals are to eliminate each other while the third is to eliminate both.

Ayyy thanks

EDIT: Alright another problem bots never spawn on there spawns only on the default spawn sphere never wield weapons always flee and ignore team balancing? i set a team to only have 1 person and it decides to add 5 players to each? they also ignore path nodes and rally points with nothing being printed to the console

The bots use player spawns. They will randomly choose a weapon from the team's inventory, with items at the top being more likely. They will ignore path nodes if there's an enemy around. They will flee if they don't have a weapon. Team Balance should not affect them. They will not follow paths if there is no objective for them to reach, such as a rally node, capture point, or flag.

Any way you could add a new event to this new version? An event for OnPlayer*blah*Zone (Team1/2/etc.)
Also, is there a way to make each team have a way of winning when the others are dead? I have a 3 team TDM where 2 teams' goals are to eliminate each other while the third is to eliminate both.

No, that seems like something for the maker of zone events to add, or for a 3rd-party mod.

Yes, you can easily do custom setups like that using VCE (see the Slayer help tab for a list of variables) and Slayer's onMinigameDeath and Minigame->Win events. I don't see how the third team could ever win, though, since by eliminating one team they would cause one of the first two to win.

You can also add lives to teams individually, so some could have lives and others not. Click the "Advanced" button in the Teams tab.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2015, 08:05:47 AM by Greek2me »

The bots use player spawns. They will randomly choose a weapon from the team's inventory, with items at the top being more likely. They will ignore path nodes if there's an enemy around. They will flee if they don't have a weapon. Team Balance should not affect them. They will not follow paths if there is no objective for them to reach, such as a rally node, capture point, or flag.
Tried everything they still continue to glitch i even tried an all-default run with only slayer enabled and no diffrence
still with bots spawning absolutely everywhere
« Last Edit: May 28, 2015, 08:13:28 AM by BreadFish »

Tried everything they still continue to glitch i even tried an all-default run with only slayer enabled and no diffrence
I think you need to turn some "use spawns" option on

Yeah, this doesn't happen for me. Maybe you loaded the bricks as Public? Set "Use All Players' Bricks" to true and make sure that "Use Spawn Points" is enabled.

Yeah, this doesn't happen for me. Maybe you loaded the bricks as Public? Set "Use All Players' Bricks" to true and make sure that "Use Spawn Points" is enabled.
Thanks! i just tried an all-default run again with this and now its working

A few issues im having, they may just be me but heres whats happening:

1. Of course we know presets dont save

2. The advanced Options menu seems to bug up alot, for example when i set Chat-Kill messages to "Do not display" My choice disapears and i am no longer able to select and change kill messages, same goes for some other advanced options

3. The Minigame events (OnRoundStart, RoundEnd) do not work for this version of slayer, or at least the two that i just mentioned, idk it could just be me.

Thats about it, the advanced options issue is really bugging me however. Keep up the good work.