Slayer 4 Testing and Development

Poll

Do you have any interest in using the Search and Destroy gamemode? (I'm considering dropping support for it)

Yes.
5 (41.7%)
No.
7 (58.3%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Author Topic: Slayer 4 Testing and Development  (Read 29330 times)

you should add a way to target certain or all players who are in a minigame that works with VCE

onrelay > minigame > ifPlayerVariable > <var:player:crouching> == true [1 2]
onvariabletrue > player > blah blah blah
onvariablefalse > player > kill

which would kill anybody in the minigame that is crouching when that relay is sent

That seems like something that would be better off as a separate add-on. It's too specific for Slayer.

Oh man,no more placing nodes! I'm really excited.

I got a question,is there a way for the bots to drive vehicles?

They're just modified default bots, so probably not.

They're just modified default bots, so probably not.
Ah,alright. Will the Navigation also work for Modter?

Code: [Select]
WARN: Slayer_TeamPrefHandlerSG::setPref is deprecated! Use the new API.
WARN: Slayer_PrefHandlerSG::getPref is deprecated! Use the new API.
getting a whole bunch of this whenever i load up an old config file for my server
is there an easy way to switch over to the new api other than having to go through the 12 config files that i use and re-export them through slayer again?

Code: [Select]
WARN: Slayer_PrefHandlerSG::getPref is deprecated! Use the new API.
getting a whole bunch of this whenever i load up an old config file for my server
is there an easy way to switch over to the new api other than having to go through the 12 config files that i use and re-export them through slayer again?

It should be a pretty simple process of:

1) Import settings.
2) Check that settings are correct. (some may not have loaded properly)
3) Export settings again.

You'll need to do that for each config file. However, the old config files should still work.

Please vote in the new naming poll! If the name is going to be changed, now is the time to do it!
« Last Edit: July 13, 2015, 11:53:46 PM by Greek2me »

when loading in an old config file, it seems to not detect what gamemode to load in. such as, if i have the gamemode defined as "Team Death Match" in an old config file, it won't start up a minigame with that gamemode if i load that config file. team info and stuff seems to be loaded in though

edit: the new config files are being saved as .csv, which i'm assuming is an bug
nvm they appear to be formatted properly and everything
what's the function to load up a config file?
« Last Edit: July 14, 2015, 10:02:45 AM by Gytyyhgfffff »

I have two ideas that kinda coincide with each other,

Idea no.1: Make Specific minigame spawn bricks, it's like the team spawn bricks, only it spawns everyone from that minigame

Example: Purple colored game, spawns on Purple Minigame Spawn bricks.

Idea no.2: The host and only the host can create as many minigames as possible.

Example: The host wants to create a big server but wants many arenas with 4v4 battles. bam, more minigames.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2015, 12:02:56 PM by papiomike »

The Treasure hunt gamemode has a bug: when you have some gold (or treasures) you cannot put them into your chests. Tried it with this beta version of Slayer.

To me slayer sounds a bit generic. When the word is said, someone could think of this(The GM system), the metal band, TDM from halo, or something else.

Name it something that reflects its purpose, but remains inside the blockland community, so only blocklanders know what it is.

Hello!

When I join a minigame that I created my client freezes. Any idea on why this happens?

The Treasure hunt gamemode has a bug: when you have some gold (or treasures) you cannot put them into your chests. Tried it with this beta version of Slayer.
Sorry you had problems with it. Unfortunately Treasure Hunt is somebody else's game more so please let them know.

Hello!

When I join a minigame that I created my client freezes. Any idea on why this happens?

Thanks for reporting! Can you provide more details, like a console log of it happening?

Thanks for reporting! Can you provide more details, like a console log of it happening?

I will try when I have time