Poll

Should Blockland be ported to.......

iOS
Android

Author Topic: Blockland CAN Be Ported To Mobile  (Read 2991 times)

Since Blockland runs on the Torque Game Engine, I've decided to check out the source code for the engine. As it turns out, TGE provided networking code, scripting, in-engine world editing, and GUI creation. The source code could be compiled for not only to Windows, Macintosh, and Linux; but also Wii, Xbox 360, and mobile platforms due to it's easily compatibility with the other platforms. (No I'm not a developer of Blockland)
« Last Edit: May 20, 2015, 09:50:04 PM by blocklandman0815 »

Is this a joke
Actually no, check the source code and see it for yourself

have you ever played blockland before? you know there is a clusterforget of controls if it was even ported to a mobile device.

have you ever played blockland before? you know there is a clusterforget of controls if it was even ported to a mobile device.
While that is true, I'm saying that the game can be run on mobile platforms (excluding the controls)

I remember a psp port way back  

or something like it

While that is true, I'm saying that the game can be run on mobile platforms (excluding the controls)

if you're excluding controls, then whats the point. even though it can be ported doesnt mean it should.

I remember a psp port way back 

or something like it
This?

if you're excluding controls, then whats the point. even though it can be ported doesnt mean it should.
I agree, but I was just saying that it can run on mobile platforms just like their PC or Mac counterpart.  

I picture a ds port would actually work pretty well. Touch screen for all the building controls.

Only if you plug a keyboard on your phone, and even then Blockland runs on an older Torque engine so good luck.

pretty sure the mobile market wasn't quite the same as it is now back when this version of TGE was made

it would take a lot of work to make it happen

The torque engine is like 15-20 years outdated. As far as I know there is nothing in the code to allow direct compiling to any mobile platform including IOS or andriod or PSP. Also that PSP photo is blatantly photoshopped.

GL on the frame rate

I think it could be made on the ps4 with controls, like original mode is play mode, and when you push that big button that you can swipe, it turns into build mode.

Just saying.