Author Topic: "Beat Breakers" (working title?) (maybe not plural?)  (Read 1815 times)

Figured I should probably make a topic for this instead of eating up the Game Design thread.

It's basically a mix between Stepmania and Audiosurf, which requires you to tap the notes instead.

Latest video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0qRGESrCTPM

And yes, there will be easier difficulties. Comments/thoughts/suggestions/concerns/etc. are welcome. In fact, here's an older video where you'll probably be able to see what the forget's going on a little easier.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2015, 05:15:46 AM by Kingdaro »

hella lovey

also it would be awesome if the background kinda interacted with the music
« Last Edit: May 22, 2015, 09:52:25 PM by Trogtor »

that looks super neato
also do you notice anything about the shape of this

that looks super neato
also do you notice anything about the shape of this
You see snakees out of anything isn't it?

all i see is
darkness imprisoning me
absolute snake

Rhythm richards 2015. There's the name. Perfect.

hella lovey

also it would be awesome if the background kinda interacted with the music
Sure, that probably wouldn't look too bad.

also, you should make note streaks where its a group of a lot of notes and you dont have to press buttons, just match them up. like guitar hero did

You see snakees out of anything isn't it?
it's a condition i have :(

Rhythm richards 2015. There's the name. Perfect.
In 2015, Rockstar, Nintendo, and Capcom meet up to present Rhythm richards, a rhythm mystery game where you investigate the deaths of 3 different people, whom all died at different times at an opera as certain keys were hit, and it is up to Detective Rhythm to serve the people justice.

also, you should make note streaks where its a group of a lot of notes and you dont have to press buttons, just match them up. like guitar hero did
Doesn't seem like too bad of an idea, but continuous notes are more fitted for a medium that's not limited by columns, I've found. That, and I'd like to be careful with adding too many note types that'll make more for the player to learn. Right now it's just "hit the squares, hold if they're long, avoid the greys" and it would be nice to be able to keep it that way.

In 2015, Rockstar, Nintendo, and Capcom meet up to present Rhythm richards, a rhythm mystery game where you investigate the deaths of 3 different people, whom all died at different times at an opera as certain keys were hit, and it is up to Detective Rhythm to serve the people justice.
Oh my god

I need to see this become a reality.

Long due update video.

You know those times where you fall into a semi-depressive slump for a while and feel as though everything you do is garbage? Yeah, that's what happened. But excuses aside, I've done a lot this time around.

BASS

yOOO THATS loving NEAT
also this reminds me of this game: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CdpvCyCjPk

New video. Not too much progress outside of tweaks and a new song select screen. This is mostly just showing off how much fun I had with the editor this morning.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0qRGESrCTPM

Also, it's laggy as hell. I'll need to fix that.