Author Topic: Age Requirement [6/1/2015]  (Read 4653 times)

You either disconnect or agree really.

Teaching kids to lie? It's more of a fail safe honestly.
A lot of kids lie, even when their parents are strict about it.

Perhaps stop them from spawning too until they agree?

Perhaps stop them from spawning too until they agree?

It should already do that. Lemme make a feature thing.

But love RPs are made by kids so i dont really understand much of this addon s'purpose.

You do realize that I agree'd that I was 18 on research sites since the age of 13, right?
You either disconnect or agree really.

Teaching kids to lie? It's more of a fail safe honestly.
>15 year old connects to server
>"r u 18?"
>/agre
>???
>profit spawn

You do realize that I agree'd that I was 18 on research sites since the age of 13, right?

thank you for informing us about your life choices

i know what you meant i just think you phrased it in a p goofy way

plot twist: author of the mod is not 18

i know what you meant i just think you phrased it in a p goofy way
That was the entire point. It's a goofy response for a goofy add on.

This isn't a fail safe, it's a fail. A 10 year old is still going to hit agree regardless of the add on. The only thing that matters is if a player can read and type. There are plenty of players who are good members of the community that either can't type due to mental disability or simply just won't see the message because chat is so busy. Then you're stuck, not spawned, waiting and waiting all because the host has some false idea of server security being most at risk because of players under 18.
Majority of BL is under 18

What does this add on accomplish aside from making spawning more difficult

watch out the research police are after you now criminal

That was the entire point. It's a goofy response for a goofy add on.

This isn't a fail safe, it's a fail. A 10 year old is still going to hit agree regardless of the add on. The only thing that matters is if a player can read and type. There are plenty of players who are good members of the community that either can't type due to mental disability or simply just won't see the message because chat is so busy. Then you're stuck, not spawned, waiting and waiting all because the host has some false idea of server security being most at risk because of players under 18.
Majority of BL is under 18

What does this add on accomplish aside from making spawning more difficult

That's one way of looking at it.

I think of it as a extra child safety precaution that is most definitely worth using for some people on Blockland.

or

It could be for people who want a certain age group in there server, and didn't want to just type 18+ in the title.etc
« Last Edit: June 01, 2015, 01:03:34 PM by Soretooth »