Author Topic: Hunger and Thirst  (Read 2461 times)

Could someone please create this? Should be very, very simple. Models that would be loved would be somewhere along the lines of cans, meat, and plants.
Basically, you have two variables (Hunger, Thirst) that decrease by, let's say, 1 every 45 seconds. They can't go any higher than 100. When one of them hits 0, it stops decreasing until you consume food/water and that player takes one damage every five seconds. Players spawn with 75 thirst and hunger, and these variables are shown somewhere on the player's screen; I would prefer if it didn't use BottomPrint, as it would be competing with gun addons to show statistics.

In other words: I want hunger and thirst stats that are satiated with food and drink ITEMS
« Last Edit: June 03, 2015, 07:15:43 PM by GMO Ferret »

Hunger

Uses events to feed the player

Hunger

Uses events to feed the player
Found this, not what I want. I want items that feed the player, not events and commands.

You mean items like the food add-ons?

You mean items like the food add-ons?
Exactly like them, but instead of recovering health, they recover hunger and thirst.

I could take a look into this.

I could take a look into this.
Please do! You will be praised as a god if you make it by me and others.

Oh, I didn't see this post. I was thinking of doing exactly this haha.

Oh, I didn't see this post. I was thinking of doing exactly this haha.
Making the same post, or making the addon?

What kind of hunger stops at 100, have you ever eaten a plate of food and realised that the chunk of meat you just ate gave you absolutely no nutrition at all?

A better idea would probably be either to be able to go up to 200-250 hunger, but you cannot eat after 100 hunger. At >100 hunger but <200 you heal rapidly, are possibly slowed and loose hunger rapidly until you hit 100 again. Going over 200 you vomit and loose health and massive chunks of hunger.

Anything but please dont just have a dead stopping block at 100

-snip-
Don't understand what you mean by nutrition, but I support everything else you said. If possible, please add this to the addon, if anyone's making this.

edit: Maybe healing should only happen if you're over 100% in both. Sort of like DayZ; if you're only eating enough to get by, you probably aren't in best condition. Don't heal at all below 100%.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2015, 09:16:51 AM by GMO Ferret »