Author Topic: Server Ideas - Out of ideas to host a server? This topic is for you.  (Read 1802 times)

I've noticed a lot of players in the Blockland community have a hard time trying to find new ways to host their servers, so I come up with an idea to make a special topic where the community shares their fun ideas for servers so you can find an idea you like and try to host it yourself! The best ideas shared will be quoted here.

I have a few in mind:

Olympics - A map with a bunch of different stages and places to play all kinds of sports with friends, with plenty of different fields too, like soccer, basketball, tennis, ping pong, dodgeball, american football, athleticism, boxing and others, people join and they choose which stage they want to go and have fun with other players

Social Server - A server with some sort of charming little town or plaza or an hotel (or anything really, why stop there when it can be in a huge spaceship?) with plenty of different places to visit to make new friends, like coffee shops, restaurants, shops, a park and more, players join just for the sake of making new friends and talk with each other.

Track Day - Competitive racing in Blockland most of the time turns out to be a complete disaster, so why not a track day instead? A Track day is basicly players with their favorite cars driving on a racetrack with no competitivity behind, just for the fun of being behind the wheel and race on the track with other players, not trying to be in 1st place or anything.

City Driving - This is a server I host eventually and it turns out to be popular, basicly just load a city, and the players get to spawn their favorite cars to drive around, and also do other things too.

Nostalgia Freebuild - Unlike normal Freebuild, this type of server is basicly to simulate the good ol' days on the early versions of Blockland like V8 or V9, building places with default bricks, playing those nostalgic default musics like the After School Special and more, and being all nostalgic about it.

Job Simulator - A server that simulates a specific type of job, let's say you want the players to work on a construction site as a team, some are responsible for the planning, others are building and others are providing the tools and materials to make it happen.

Disco - It's night time and it's time to party! Invite friends and dance on a server with plenty of musics available, a DJ and other things.

Team Building Competition - Two teams and a group of judges, they choose a build which the two teams must make in a few minutes, and the one who makes the best build wins.

Fighting Tournament - Boxing, Swordfighting, and other types of fighting, you name it, basicly a stage with two fighters, the one who wins is qualified for the next round against the winner of the other round, the winners then reaches the finals until the last one wins.

Destruction Derby - An arena with plenty of players and cars, they have to crash on each other, and the one left wins.

Skyfest Academy - Are you a fan of flying? How about a server that only concentrates on that? A huge list of planes, helicopters and anything that can fly, on a server where there is plenty of rings to pass through, pillars to squeeze in, buildings to dodge, and more!

Building School / Building Academy - Wanna learn how to be a better builder or learn how to make things prettier and more unique? How about a server where pro builders get to build and teach amateur builders how to get better at building, providing examples of walls, patterns, furnitures and other things that can be pretty useful to make more detailed buildings.

Blockland Tutorial School - A server in a big HUB map with plenty of different rooms, each room provide a different tutorial you might be looking for, wanna learn how to macro? Then why not get in the macro room? In there, you can find information and texts showing you the keybinds and how to do macro, wanna learn new ways to drive? Get in the Driving Room, a big test track with plenty of different situations to provide you the best tricks and maneuvers to become a good driver, wanna learn how to be a better shooter? Get in the Shooting Room and test out your skills with different types of weapons, wanna learn how to get started? Get in the Start Here Room, in there you will find out how to change your character looks, your username, and all the other things necessary for you get in the game.

Obstacle Course - Not like those modern ones we have, but like those before V21, where there is a map with plenty of floating platforms which gets trickier overtime, sometimes a quiz might show up, or a maze, or slides, anything is possible, the winners gets to relax in a floating resort.

Share your ideas too!
« Last Edit: May 31, 2015, 11:59:26 AM by Filipe »

Social Servers - A server with some sort of charming little town or plaza with plenty of different places to visit to make new friends, like coffee shops, restaurants, shops, a park and more, players join just for the sake of making new friends and talk with each other.

I might actually do this one, thanks!

Social Servers - A server with some sort of charming little town or plaza with plenty of different places to visit to make new friends, like coffee shops, restaurants, shops, a park and more, players join just for the sake of making new friends and talk with each other.

Team Building Competition - Two teams and a group of judges, they choose a build which the two teams must make in a few minutes, and the one who makes the best build wins.

I might look into these. These ideas have a lot of potential if the right host picks them up.

these are all really cool

edit: here's one that I'm doing:

File Challenge - It's like those challenge servers, but with a prize! At the end of the challenge, there is a randomizer. It randomizes itself and the prize can be an addon, save, or anything that might interest a regular Blockland player.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2015, 11:51:45 AM by Hawt »

I'll experiment with
"Destruction Derby - An arena with plenty of players and cars, they have to crash on each other, and the one left wins."

I'll experiment with
"Destruction Derby - An arena with plenty of players and cars, they have to crash on each other, and the one left wins."
Good luck lol

a button in the middle of nowhere, nobody knows what it does, but each press counts down to something.

a button in the middle of nowhere, nobody knows what it does, but each press counts down to something.

No, it counts down and whenever someone pushes the button it goes back up a little. Who knows what happens when it hits 0?

No, it counts down and whenever someone pushes the button it goes back up a little. Who knows what happens when it hits 0?
/r/thebutton

Track Day - Competitive racing in Blockland most of the time turns out to be a complete disaster, so why not a track day instead? A Track day is basicly players with their favorite cars driving on a racetrack with no competitivity behind, just for the fun of being behind the wheel and race on the track with other players, not trying to be in 1st place or anything.

Already tried this one with buildable vehicles. Didn't work - server had 2 players, me and someone else, at its peak.

Obstacle Course - Not like those modern ones we have, but like those before V21, where there is a map with plenty of floating platforms which gets trickier overtime, sometimes a quiz might show up, or a maze, or slides, anything is possible, the winners gets to relax in a floating resort.

I've built around 20 of these. I suppose I could host one of my better ones.

Hm, what if when it hits 0 a disaster happens? And eventually it gets harder and harder for the countdown to stay up, we could call it The Disaster Countdown.

Or instead of a button, there could be different places to protect yourself from the disasters, like underground basements, houses, buildings or other places.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2015, 06:14:40 PM by Filipe »

Hm, what if when it hits 0 a disaster happens? And eventually it gets harder and harder for the countdown to stay up, we could call it The Disaster Countdown

Let's make this.

I'm tempted to try my hand at making this, I'm just unsure of how to go about it.

There could be a server like Scenery's battlemix but with playertypes instead?

Good luck lol
I can make it, it's just I can't make a good arena.