Poll

[February 2016] Most anticipated DLC?

Automatron
Wasteland Workshop
Far Harbor

Author Topic: [MEGATHREAD] Fallout 4 || Contraption, Vault-Tec, Nuka World  (Read 580125 times)

I still haven't been to Diamond city after 40 hours

At least it's better than waiting x amount of seconds for the UI to pop up. I would have preferred something styled a little more like the previous games but still functionally the same, but that's what mods are for.
You guys know if you press the button to transfer, it's exactly like the old games, right?
The take button is just a quicker way to do it

Your character is an expert at gunsmithing, blacksmithing, power armor smithing and carpentry. However when it comes to making bullets, your character is too dumb to figure it out.

This is what I don't get. Vault-Tec must have known the nukes were going to drop sometime or later. So, they use the vaults to cover for the experiments (Which again, they must knew about the nukes or else they would just be building normal vaults and not experiments). But who's going to use the info after the world's destroyed? Did all the vault-tec leaders have their own vault where they monitored the experiments, wait a couple of hundreds of years, and then use the data gained from the vaults to do... whatever? If some were supposed to last only 100 years then why don't we see their impact in the games that happen many years later?

I bet some of these questions are answered if I just play 4.

in vault 81 there is a vault outside the main one that had scientists collecting the data iirc

I think ultimately Vault-Tec was gathering data for the government, which would come to be the Enclave.
Not sure if that is explained in Fallout 1/2 or 3, though.

This is what I don't get. Vault-Tec must have known the nukes were going to drop sometime or later. So, they use the vaults to cover for the experiments (Which again, they must knew about the nukes or else they would just be building normal vaults and not experiments). But who's going to use the info after the world's destroyed? Did all the vault-tec leaders have their own vault where they monitored the experiments, wait a couple of hundreds of years, and then use the data gained from the vaults to do... whatever? If some were supposed to last only 100 years then why don't we see their impact in the games that happen many years later?

Vault 0 or Vault 1 (can't remember which) was just scientists monitoring every other vault.

Did nobody read the Vault 111 terminals? The science team overthrew the Overseer, then used his escape tunnel and got fried in radiation once they reached the surface.

Yeah, Vault 0. It has the greatest minds of Vauly Tec and the American military of the time preserved to monitor the vaults. Literally, just the minds. They were to be used for a rebuilding of America I believe.

afaik, the consequences weren't supposed to last as long either, like the nuclear wars over in the middle east.
sure some bombs would drop but maybe they didnt think to the extreme extent that it did

So I've already completed the main quest, so all those encounters you have with people and factions are out of the way and gone, all that's left are small side-quests where you don't interact with people as much as you would in the main quest.

How am I supposed to gain Nick's approval so I can do his companion quest when there's barely any encounters for me to say something he might like? Is there an easier way to gain the approval of companions?

So I've already completed the main quest, so all those encounters you have with people and factions are out of the way and gone, all that's left are small side-quests where you don't interact with people as much as you would in the main quest.

How am I supposed to gain Nick's approval so I can do his companion quest when there's barely any encounters for me to say something he might like? Is there an easier way to gain the approval of companions?

Just keep being kind to people, he also likes when you hack terminals

And when you pick locks, I think.

edit: On this topic, Danse likes it every single time I enter power armour.
Is it possible to gain his max affection by just getting in and out of power armour?
« Last Edit: November 28, 2015, 11:30:51 PM by sir dooble »

I was excited to find another building area then I realized it was sanctuary. No thank you.

Deliverer pistol with all the best attachments + maxed out gunslinger perk is a ridiculously op combination.