[MEGATHREAD] Fallout 4 || Contraption, Vault-Tec, Nuka World

Poll

[February 2016] Most anticipated DLC?

Automatron
Wasteland Workshop
Far Harbor

Author Topic: [MEGATHREAD] Fallout 4 || Contraption, Vault-Tec, Nuka World  (Read 575271 times)

i am  d y i n g  to play this game again on my 21:9 monitor. waiting on the good 1070's to restock as i am still without a gpu
gotta play the game with your imagination.

FYI, the Vault-Tec DLC is confirrmed to release on July 26th.
Nuka-World is slated to release August 30th.

So you've got 2 weeks to gather resources. I recommend Steel, Plastic, Concrete, Copper and Circuitry as being important pieces to the Vault modules and gadgets/decorations.

Enjoying the Vault-Tec DLC so far, even if it is a bit buggy.

Were there meant to be planters in this DLC? I swear I read somewhere that they would have them, but I can't find them in the build menu. Also hope they add the ability to manufacture more vault suits/pipboys for the settlers.

There's supposedly Hydroponic planters, but I think you unlock them when doing research later on.

I'm enjoying the DLC too, eve if there are some niggles with the building system.

My biggest issue however is that I can't get power from the reactor to reach my vault rooms, despite having it all snapped to the entrance stuff.
Yet infuriatingly the power is apparently going from the reactor, through my vault, and down to the water pump. Yet I can't access the power within the vault.
The power is supposed to transmit through the floor right?

I'm going to rename all my settlers after people on the forums, and then make them do horrible experiments.

Worked out the power issue. Rooms do carry electricity, but in order to use it in a room you need to place a Vault-tec power node thingy (actual name escapes me) within the room which then transmits wireless power to an area for powering lights/signs/tvs. You then attach wires to it to power wired devices.
The down side of this device is that it snaps to the middle of walls, kind of getting in the way of decorations, and being low enough that attached wires dangle quite low which doesn't look great in a vault.

Other negatives so far include the fact that all new lights are ridiculously stuffty and cast a cone of light the size of a dinner plate.
As such your vault is going to be either;
A) Pitch black;
B) Covered head to toe in Vault-Tec lights in order to be lit enough, or;
C) Lit to perfection entirely by ugly dangling lightbulbs.

Also, the inner room pieces are seriously lacking modular pieces, such as free standing walls to build tight spaces. The smallest self-contained room you can build is a 2x2 square of corner pieces. Most of your rooms will almost certainly be rectangular in shape.

This might seem like a lot of bellyaching, but I am thoroughly enjoying the add-on. It's been fun to play with and is a worthwhile addition to the game.

This thread is dead under year after the game came out. What the heck happened?

From the scarce mentions I could find online, planters seem to have been removed in a later version of the beta? Seems a bit strange.

That's pretty impressive for a single player game

fallout 4

From the scarce mentions I could find online, planters seem to have been removed in a later version of the beta? Seems a bit strange.
Uhh, that's annoying. Does that mean we have to get our Vault Residents to farm in the dirt, or on the giant Wasteland Workshop planters?

eh, I've been playing other games waiting for the Vault Tec stuff to come out. I think we've pretty much rung this game out of all discussion points, on this forum at least.

There's nothing really to talk about with it.

finally I have a productive way to not do what preston asks, riding rollercoasters