[MEGATHREAD] Fallout 4 || Contraption, Vault-Tec, Nuka World

Poll

[February 2016] Most anticipated DLC?

Automatron
Wasteland Workshop
Far Harbor

Author Topic: [MEGATHREAD] Fallout 4 || Contraption, Vault-Tec, Nuka World  (Read 575370 times)

If you go on nexus mods and search up a mod 99% of it will be represented some massive breasts scantily clothed hentai bitch.

ftfy

I've found 1 that didn't make the girls weight come mostly from her tits. I forgot what it was called... stuff.

I want to pre-order but I am sad its gonna be a disappointment. I'm high hopes but I still have that skeptical feeling as well. Unlike the new Star Wars Battlefront, the second game still sounds better.

Hopefully followers are more useful in 4. In 2 if you had a follower who had a repair skill you could tell him to fix stuff for you or if you had a doctor he could heal you. Hopefully you can do the same with FO4 followers.

However the absence of skills concerns me. Skills for combat purposes were kind of redundant since the game is a shooter, however all the noncombat aspects actually need to be skills. First aid determined how well you could heal someone, doctor determined how well you could fix bones and healing crippled parts, repair determined how well you could fix things like power generators and what not, barter allowed you to get better prices for buying and selling, etc. So are skills going to be merged with perks  where you just rank them up 1, 2, 3? Or are they going to go the mini-game route where you want to heal someone up, the game turns into surgeon simulator? Or if you want to repair something you have to manually fit the piece in your self and wrench it, or if you want to speech/barter someone you have to guess the right sentence to say kind of like the Deus Ex and how the Hacking and locking picking mini-games work? Many questions on how that will work.

i imagine it'll be a more skyrim-like system where you level things based on their use rather than allocating points upon levelling (and allocate points for perks in skills instead)

i don't see how they would be able to scrap skills entirely if it's a fallout game

i imagine it'll be a more skyrim-like system where you level things based on their use rather than allocating points upon levelling (and allocate points for perks in skills instead)

i don't see how they would be able to scrap skills entirely if it's a fallout game

That's probably how they'll do it. I like that system anyway. It allows you to get better at skills by actually practicing them, rather than killing things then suddenly being skilled at lockpicking.

yeah

that's how it seemed to be at E3 anyway. in the clips, XP was granted whenever the guy crafted so it's probably following the skyrim system

I hope building up a settlement requires tactical thinking and isn't easy as stuff.

Those who purchased the Pip-Boy Edition may want to read this, clarifying which phones the Pip-Boy will support: (IGN)Link

Quote from: IGN
The much sought-after Fallout 4 Collector's Edition Pip-Boy will work with regular-sized smart phones, but those with larger models are out of luck.

As detailed in a recent Bethesda Blog entry, the foam inserts included with the Pip-Boy casing will fit the iPhone 6, iPhone 5/5S, iPhone 4/4S, Samsung Galaxy 5, and Samsung Galaxy 4. A customizable foam insert will also be included for those who own another model or brand with a similar build.

However, any phones larger than those listed - including the iPhone 6+ - won't fit inside the casing.

"As we wanted to stay faithful to the dimensions of the in-game model, any smartphones larger than the models listed will not fit inside the wearable device" the post states.  "For these larger devices, our Pip-Boy companion app will still be available."

Those who purchased the Pip-Boy Edition may want to read this, clarifying which phones the Pip-Boy will support: (IGN)Link

The Galaxy S6 is 143.4 x 70.5 x 6.8 and the iPhone 6 is 138.1 x 67 x 6.9, think the S6 is close enough to fit?

Edit: The S5 is 142 x 72.5 x 8.1, I'm not sure but I think it'll fit?
« Last Edit: June 29, 2015, 01:46:16 PM by Tokthree »

The Galaxy S6 is 143.4 x 70.5 x 6.8 and the iPhone 6 is 138.1 x 67 x 6.9, think the S6 is close enough to fit?

Edit: The S5 is 142 x 72.5 x 8.1, I'm not sure but I think it'll fit?

Possible, close enough really most likely, it's unfortunate they couldn't release a more reliable list of like 20 of the most popular phones in general but all we have to go on now is "if it's close, it's possible it'll fit."

I hope building up a settlement requires tactical thinking and isn't easy as stuff.
I hope that creating a settlement isn't something that's explicitly "gamey" or just a mechanic for you to get more resources without grinding.

I want the ability to trade with other settlements, grow somewhat in population, set up farms, etc. Hell, even the ability to set up a small militia that you could call to assist you in battle would be nice. Your companions could become leaders of the settlement's militia- it'd flesh out your character more and give your settlement some more character.

Knowing Bethesda, however, we're probably just going to get the same stuff cookie-cutter AI we've always had with a town that seemingly does not interact with any other settlements at all, making the settlements simply a way to get resources when you're away from your domicile.

I hope its more like that build your own house mod/dlc for skyrim where you had to get supplies to build it and it took effort

the thing that interested me was the idea of having to supply electricity

like if things are actually fleshed out well enough, just getting a self-sufficient settlement running could be satisfying