[MEGATHREAD] Fallout 4 || Contraption, Vault-Tec, Nuka World

Poll

[February 2016] Most anticipated DLC?

Automatron
Wasteland Workshop
Far Harbor

Author Topic: [MEGATHREAD] Fallout 4 || Contraption, Vault-Tec, Nuka World  (Read 575454 times)

I liked all the new songs in 4 (excluding the end of the world song which I had liked before the game but now hate from overuse)
replace it with sammy salvo - a mushroom cloud

pisTTOL PACKIN MAMAAAA LAY THAT PISTOL DOWN

The lack of ammo crafting really ruined things.

In New Vegas if I just wanted to use a specific gun all I have to do is keep crafting ammo for the guns I want and breaking down ammo for guns I don't use.

In Fallout 4 it's just a matter of how many bullets I can hoard for the gun I am not currently using. Then I am forced to use the guns I dislike because I ran out of ammo for my decent guns.

The lack of ammo crafting really ruined things.

In New Vegas if I just wanted to use a specific gun all I have to do is keep crafting ammo for the guns I want and breaking down ammo for guns I don't use.

In Fallout 4 it's just a matter of how many bullets I can hoard for the gun I am not currently using. Then I am forced to use the guns I dislike because I ran out of ammo for my decent guns.
or you could buy bullets! :)

Or be wise and put points into the perk for finding ammunition.

It's not tricky to have plenty of ammo for your guns.
I haven't been low on ammo since I was about 4-5 hours in on this character.

And eventually upgrading certain weapons to use a different ammunition (like sniper becoming .50cal), means you gain access to a backlog of ammo.

The only ammo you should end up sort of low on is the rare powerful stuff, like 2mm EM Cartridges, Cannonballs and maybe Mini Nukes.
And maybe 5mm, if you use the minigun a lot, in which case you can burn through 1k rounds fairly easily.

mininukes are not rare in fo4
Theyre everywhere on the map and then those handicapped Self Delete bombers carry one.

My streamer buddy had 1000+ 2mm EC by the time he got a Gauss Gun.

mininukes are not rare in fo4
Theyre everywhere on the map and then those handicapped Self Delete bombers carry one.
They're not exceptionally rare, no.
I've got 22 Mini Nukes (plus 3 fat man launchers, and have left behind 4-5 more), while 2 days and 11 hours in.

22 isn't so many that I could consider using the Fat Man a lot.
It's not worth carrying the gun around.

So, my battle of bunker hill was peculiar. Spoilers follow;
more spoilers I guess
[when I did it, I was doing it for the institute, and I didn't tell the brotherhood either but they were still there. but I had pretended to be on the brotherhood's side for a while before doing that mission, so when I got there, they weren't hostile to me. so I only had to fight the railroad guys, while the brotherhood and the synths fought each other and the railroad. so needless to say I got a lot of microfusion cells]

also honestly I'm kinda confused about how the minutemen fit into this whole thing

Are you talking about soundtrack or radio?
Radio. NV had some good soundtracks

also honestly I'm kinda confused about how the minutemen fit into this whole thing
they just want to protect people, not rescue toasters or kill dishwashers.

they just want to protect people
does that include synths?

I had a hard time deciding who to stick with
[the brotherhood is a buncha tribal murderers, the institute treats the synths like slaves, and... the railroad doesn't have a bunch of cool stuff like the institute does]
which is why I chose the institute

Mini Nukes.
And maybe 5mm,

I already have like 20 mini nukes.

1,500 5mm ammo

30 missiles

I'm only level 19. Never even did a single quest.

I've been trying to convince the institute to NOT [treat synths like slaves and junk. particularly the leader guy]. but nobody seems convinced
[maybe now that I'm their leader, I can make those decisions myself]. I guess we'll see