Poll

[February 2016] Most anticipated DLC?

Automatron
Wasteland Workshop
Far Harbor

Author Topic: [MEGATHREAD] Fallout 4 || Contraption, Vault-Tec, Nuka World  (Read 619181 times)

I remember back when the game got released I stop looking in the thread for a while because of spoilers. Maybe I should do that again because of Tony this time.

I never said I kill everyone in NV for absolutely no reason. I said I like the fact that I have the option to do so but I've never fully utilized it. I've tried to keep my relations with people in the game intact.

Also Yessman can still technically die. At least when Obsidian needs an immortal character they can think of plausible ways to keep them immortal rather than having them fall unconscious and getting back up in 5 minutes which is the Bethesda approach.

At least when Obsidian needs an immortal character they can think of plausible ways to keep them immortal rather than having them fall unconscious and getting back up in 5 minutes which is the Bethesda approach.
but why are the children immortal? that doesn't emulate the real apocalypse. and they don't give us examples on why the children cant die

forget the mick and ralph kid

Surprise, surprise, Tony's only NV completion achievement is "Wild Card", the achievement for completing the story by siding with the only character you cannot kill.

I picked Yessman because I hate Mr. House. I hate the legion and I don't care for the NCR. The controlling the strip yourself path was the only path I liked.

Disregard that I suck roosters he hasn't even completed the game.

You just said I completed the game.

but why are the children immortal?

That was Bethesda's decision and shouldn't be reflected with obsidian. Obsidian was even planning on making a quest involving the death of a child which surprisingly got cut.

Obsidian's recent game Pillars of Eternity has children in it and they can die.

I picked Yessman because I hate Mr. House. I hate the legion and I don't care for the NCR. The controlling the strip yourself path was the only path I liked.

You just said I completed the game.

That was Bethesda's decision and shouldn't be reflected with obsidian. Obsidian was even planning on making a quest involving the death of a child which surprisingly got cut.
Finishing either Side Bets or Change in Management will trigger Beware the Wrath of Caesar! and Don't Tread on the Bear!, assuming you haven't failed one or both already. Finishing both will fail both quests. Both quests can be postponed up until the final mission for either faction
Actually I was mistaken, "Wild Card" isn't the IV ending chevo, that would be "No Gods, No Masters". He doesn't even have that. Despite pranging on and on for page after page about how many amazing different endings you can get, he hasn't completed NV once, at least not without cheating.

Wild card isn't the final quest, and if you failed to notice, Qwepir even corrected himself.

I don't know why you are going by steam achievements. lol

I accidentally pressed the console command at one point and that's why I haven't unlocked the hardcore mode achievement.

I accidentally pressed the console command at one point and that's why I haven't unlocked the hardcore mode achievement.
the game fixes this problem on reset.
so unless you had to noclip your way through each session to get through the buggy game, this is bullstuff.

I already checked all the ending achievements. Wild Card is the only possible one I could have got.

Wild Card is the only possible one I could have got.
wild card isn't an ending achievement.

i thought you loved NV. wouldnt you know this?

No Gods, No Masters didn't unlock then. It should have because I finished the game with the Boomers bombing the legion and then I start killing the NCR and the rest of the legion.

I killed Mr. House after he told me to bomb the brotherhood. That was the last straw.

brotherhood is overrated

ENCLAVE SUPERIORITY

I was replaying the game again on a new playthrough then Fallout 4 came out and I stopped playing my new New Vegas stuff.

Tony thinks having no essential characters is a good, or even remotely impressive thing. The only reason it was possible in New Vegas was because there was a dumb back-up plan made with an essential character (LoL!) which the game would automatically default to for murdering everyone like a loving idiot.

Idiot-proofing =/= good story telling. Not that the stories in NV were remotely interesting anyway. It was just a bunch of stuffty, boring-as-all-forget factions jerking each other off in the desert. The good thing about this idea was that it was SO SIMPLE it would be hard to forget it up like how Fallout 3 got forgeted up. Bethesda could EASILY do something like this for Fallout 4, they just decided not to, because it would be handicapped as all forget. I could come up with a back-up storyline on the spot right now.

he raises good points

instead of hating tell him why he is wrong?

All of his points/opinions/arguments have been separately roasted by everyone in the thread simultaneously. He responds by changing the subject and then bringing it back up like two pages later. It's quite pathetic, really.

To be fair, you can't really have a 'wrong opinion'. I mean, you can have a garbage opinion that legitimately everyone in the thread disagrees with (even after you've shoved it down their throat 18 times already), the problem with Tony is that he has this weird draconian concept that the game would be better for everyone if they were forced to play his trash game.

brotherhood is overrated

ENCLAVE SUPERIORITY
Ain't that the truth? Just don't let anybody with the President's ear hear that. You'll be making cattle runs to New Reno until the end of time, pal.

so.... uh..
as I've said before, I use godmode. and, a couple of days ago, I decided to jump into the lava pit at the ironworks place
and now, my body's like, janked. whenever I crouch there's a big piece of meat in the middle of my screen, and if I open my pip-boy the whole screen just turns black
when I'm in third person, you can see little meaty bits sticking out of my body. and when I'm sitting down in first person you can see quite a lot of it to the far left and right

does anyone have any idea about how I can fix this? maybe I just shouldn't have stepped into the lava in the first place but it's too late for that