Poll

[February 2016] Most anticipated DLC?

Automatron
Wasteland Workshop
Far Harbor

Author Topic: [MEGATHREAD] Fallout 4 || Contraption, Vault-Tec, Nuka World  (Read 575363 times)

There were two more workshop packs and "Nuka World" in the game files

nuka world might be like the pitt where all the locals are addicted to nuka cola and the fight over it.

also sheffield will become a new companion in the nuka world dlc

Although it can be a bit tricky at times, the Barn pieces introduced in Far Harbor are pretty good for building with.
I've built a massive open barn over the rows of farms at Warwick Homestead and given it an upper floor for shops and a large dormitory uptop.
It's let me deal with the lack of beds and shops/jobs in the small space you get, without impeding on the farm area.  Hopefully I'll share pics soon.

I just wish you could paint the walls, particularly the interior side which is an awful grey colour.
Also, if the different themes (barn, wood, metal, concrete) played with each other nicer.

Heads up, Mods should come to Xbox One tomorrow!

Heads up, Mods should come to Xbox One tomorrow!
finally the non-pc master race can get some love

I'd like to see some cleaner looking building materials. Also building down into the ground to make a cave or even a vault would be dope!! What's everyone's favourite location for a base? I really like Longfellow(?)'s island in far harbour but still can't find a nice location in the mainland. The base you get at the end of the automatron DLC is nice but I prefer something outside. Airport looks good but its a bit too boring with no water features. The drive-in also looks cool because of the size, but the radioactive pond sucks!!
Anyway. What's everyone's favourite?

You can remove the barrels from the drive-in to remove the radiation.

The drive-in is my choice base. I have 3 buildings around the pond connected by bridges, with rooms of varying quality, and also an indoor mall and crafting area. There is one additional bunkhouse with garden plots on the roof.
I have walls on 3/4 sides, with a main gate on the road entrance with trip-wires and flame traps.
My personal house is balanced on top of the screen, with overhangs I can watch the settlement from, as well as jump down in power armour.
We also have a small arena near the kiosk for fighting captured creatures.
And finally we have a bar/dining area next to the kiosk where we gather at night.

I have used the exploit to increase the size limit several times.

My second choice has been Warwick Homestead, as the options for defence were obvious.
My brother uses Spectacle Island, and has a nice setup, but the untamed geography and some annoyingly un-removable buildings provide some challenge.

The airport would be great if they hadn't prevented you from planting food, even with planters.

I have used the exploit to increase the size limit several times.
why is there even a limit in the first place, at least on PC
I get it on consoles because I guess consoles aren't "supposed" to have fps issues or whatever so they give you artificial limitations to prevent that from happening
but on PC?????????? if you have a computer that could handle more stuff y tf are you still limited. and why even bother limiting it anyway. I'm sure someone will realize the problem when they start lagging

I used the drive in to make a two floor building that looks pretty sweet.

I get it on consoles because I guess consoles aren't "supposed" to have fps issues or whatever so they give you artificial limitations to prevent that from happening
but on PC?????????? if you have a computer that could handle more stuff y tf are you still limited. and why even bother limiting it anyway. I'm sure someone will realize the problem when they start lagging
I don't have a clue.
Despite filling both the Drive-in and Warwick to 3-5x their capacity I've not felt a single drop in fps or any other issues on Xbox One.

So it's surely not an issue for any platform.
It's just a crazy design choice. In some settlements it fills up really quickly, just by building structures, let alone decorations.
And in the larger settlements, like the Drive-in and Spectacle Island, which are very open and barren, if you were to stop at the default size limit you would have barely touched the land and left little impact on the landscape.

It's quite frustrating really. Settlement building is a great feature, but it's just these odd little oversights that leave it at like 80% good, instead of 100% perfect. And it's the fact that it's so close to perfect that makes it hurt.

It's Bethesda trying to cover their ass. Their engine literally cannot handle higher FPS without starting to bug out. One notable example of this is that animations will play at nearly double the intended rate at 144Hz, and them locking the FPS at 30 is a stuffty attempt to remedy this. They really just need a new game engine entirely at this point.

Oh cool I might do the drive through then!
I do have one major problem with the game though.
The VATS system and power armour.
I never use either. The game is just far too easy. I get that theres the whole "then just don't use them Furdle!" But I honestly think the game would work better if they were never in there.

the same reason the UI is so awful, they did little to no work to change things that weren't needed outside of the console versions

I didn't get any weapon mods but I just found a super sledge that does 514 damage

there's a modern weapons mod in fallout workshop, i downloaded it cuz i didn't really like all the stuffty assault rifles bethesda added. too much divergence, but after a recent update in the mod yesterday, the loving developer added a 120mm tank cannon that does over 1000 damage in ballistic damage, and the loving shells weigh 12 pounds, more than a mini nuke.

there's a modern weapons mod in fallout workshop, i downloaded it cuz i didn't really like all the stuffty assault rifles bethesda added. too much divergence, but after a recent update in the mod yesterday, the loving developer added a 120mm tank cannon that does over 1000 damage in ballistic damage, and the loving shells weigh 12 pounds, more than a mini nuke.
please tell me its an arm cannon too