[MEGATHREAD] Fallout 4 || Contraption, Vault-Tec, Nuka World

Poll

[February 2016] Most anticipated DLC?

Automatron
Wasteland Workshop
Far Harbor

Author Topic: [MEGATHREAD] Fallout 4 || Contraption, Vault-Tec, Nuka World  (Read 575004 times)

Drivers up to date?
Did you try a restart?

tfw ur knight picks up a globe

It bugs the piss out of me that globes aren't changed to look like the pre-war world. it's literally a modern earth political map

is that a loving institute rifle
no it's an institute pistol

Jeez, the warehouse stuff is great, particularly the perfect windows, but it's so expensive.

8 glass for a single window, even the half-size ones.
There are only like 3 Glass shipment sellers in the game (with Far Harbor), but they only do shipments of 25, for 380 caps each.
That's 400 caps to build 3 walls.

I like the ever-expanding amount of things to build, and don't mind if they use lots of material, but I really think that Bethesda need to give us a more reliable and efficient way of getting materials. Especially now that there's automated crafting. It's impossible to provide enough resources just by exploring.

We should be able to have settlers explore the wastes for materials

We should be able to have settlers explore the wastes for materials
They do.

Any settlers not assigned grab random stuff. If you want more stuff, assign them to a scavenger table.

great game so far
Thumbs down for institute pistol #AllHailTheMightyRailroad #InsitpoopNotInstitute

They do.

Any settlers not assigned grab random stuff. If you want more stuff, assign them to a scavenger table.
There's a hardcoded, peculiar limit to this though.

Once your settlers have gathered 100+(5*# of settlers) they will stop collecting any more.
So, in a 20 person settlement that's 200 junk items. Unassigned gather 1 a day, scavengers get 2.

Thing is you have to remove those items from your workbench for them to collect more. But the game doesn't highlight them. So effectively you have to remove all junk out, in order to have scavengers collect more.
This means you then can't build/craft at your settlement without picking up the junk yourself.

I would be fine with this if there was a way to break junk down into its components without trying to craft something. This should have been a function in the conveyor belt builders.
Then I could take all junk, break it into its lighter constituent components and put those back into the workbench for use, and my settlers could continue scavenging.

As it stands the only effective scavenging situation is to build a perfect settlement, supply lined to others for food and fill it with 20 settlers and 20 scavenging stations, and remove all items from the workbench.
Then you make 40 junk a day. Come back every 5 days to empty the workbench before they hit the limit.