Author Topic: Crafting Fix Tutorial  (Read 11577 times)

In an attempt to try to get more people to play the game, here's a tutorial for how to fix the blacksmith crafting which should work. (worked for me and the people I've shared it with)

So without further ado, the tutorial:

1. Give Age of Time permission to write to the files.
There are two ways of doings this:

Method 1: Find your AoT folder (probably located at C:\Program Files (x86)\AgeOfTime\) and move it somewhere else where it can write to the files. Moving it to your desktop will work as well as your documents folder (anywhere in your user folder should work).

Method 2:
Every time you start the game run it as an administrator, this rules out the possibly of not being able to write to the files but is more inconvenient.

If you're still using XP for some reason this step will not be necessary since this change was made in windows vista. The hypothesis for this step is that when the AoT client tries to download files, it is denied access to the program files directory giving the error that the files do not match the ones on the server since they did not change. I don't know if this step is completely necessary but it didn't seem to work for me or anyone else without it.

2. Download and replace the .craft files.

Download the craft files, right click and save as:
http://master.ageoftime.com/craft/clothing.craft
http://master.ageoftime.com/craft/cloth.craft
http://master.ageoftime.com/craft/metal.craft
http://master.ageoftime.com/craft/weapons.craft
and then move them to your AgeOfTime\base\client\scripts\craft folder (replace the old ones).

If that doesn't work, you can also try these files.

And that's it! Now if you start up Age of Time crafting (should) work!
I'll probably make more tutorials like this soon, who knows.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2015, 06:49:16 AM by Soundwaver7 »

lols the return of AoT is just around the corner

it's the dawn of a new age

i guess everyone was so busy posting on aot?????? they forgot to actually play the game

thanks for the tutorial, i had a lot of issues with this

I thought that there was an option to disable the admin rights in the C:/ folders. I did that years ago with Windows 7, I don't know if it works for Vista too.

All of the spammers have been slain (I was slain for a week), and now the dawn has come.
#bringbackAoT

next step is we must spread the news that pink dye has been found

Its been nice actually seeing some activity on this board. I started playing this game again today and I probably will tomorrow. I wish there was some way to know when others are actually playing. Usually I'm by myself or with one of my friends that I had to drag online. This game has a unique audience and very few people that I've tried showing this game don't exactly like it and the only people that do enjoy it are people that I've met while playing it.
next step is we must spread the news that pink dye has been found
Wasn't the pink dye able to be found in the volcano? or is it an inside joke?

Edit: the 24 (or whatever) day glitch must be going on because the fixes aren't working...
« Last Edit: May 31, 2015, 10:04:28 PM by Romulus of the sky »

Edit: the 24 (or whatever) day glitch must be going on because the fixes aren't working...
I tested it on a fresh install and it worked, so I unless badspot restarted really recently I don't see what could be affecting it.

I also edited the post and added metal.craft, don't know why I didn't notice it earlier.

I tested it on a fresh install and it worked, so I unless badspot restarted really recently I don't see what could be affecting it.

I also edited the post and added metal.craft, don't know why I didn't notice it earlier.
Okay, maybe I should just redownload the game and try it then. I'm also thinking about creating a guide for this game and maybe posting it here. Anyone think it's a good idea?

Edit: Fixed the issue by running the game in administrator mode.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2015, 05:03:56 PM by Romulus of the sky »

wow AOT is getting more active now,

kewl

Okay, maybe I should just redownload the game and try it then. I'm also thinking about creating a guide for this game and maybe posting it here. Anyone think it's a good idea?

Edit: Fixed the issue by running the game in administrator mode.
Good idea. Already tried to install Age Of Time on your desktop? Everything in the C: drive needs to be run as Administrator.

This didn't work at all for me, but Plastiware's solution while running as administrator worked.

Wasn't the pink dye able to be found in the volcano? or is it an inside joke?
pink dye needs some crazy ass way to get it
its just dye NUMBER NUMBER NUMBER (if i recall)
its insanely hard to get tho
(and also it cant be found in the volcano :(  )