Author Topic: The "tutorial" button needs to be at main menu for newcomers.  (Read 1238 times)

Ive seen so many people saying they are new, and asking what to do.
And then others follow to explain what they have to do.

So what do you think?

Tutorial used to be on the main menu. Idk why they switched it.

Tutorial used to be on the main menu. Idk why they switched it.
It was treated as a game mode for whatever reason, and they decided to put it under there.

There should be a dialogue box that pops up upon initial startup requesting if the new player would like to participate in Tutorial mode. ALSO for Christ sakes update the tutorial to represent Blockland a tad better. Not to go off topic in anyway, but the tutorial is very underwhelming.

It was treated as a game mode for whatever reason, and they decided to put it under there.
Then make the tutorial button start a singleplayer game with said gamemode. It's not hard. I don't understand why it was removed.

There not only should be Tutorial on the Main Menu, but there should also be various tutorials that help explain the mechanics better, or an expanded help menu to know how to create a server or how to use the admin menu and create mini-games.

I have know several people that don't know basic functions on Blockland because either they can't find the tutorial or the tutorial doesn't explain enough.

There not only should be Tutorial on the Main Menu, but there should also be various tutorials that help explain the mechanics better, or an expanded help menu to know how to create a server or how to use the admin menu and create mini-games.

at least when you first boot up the game, if you start a server the mode thats selected is tutorial

I eventually found the tutorial button. I probably would've found it much sooner if it was at start screen.

I think that alongside a new tutorial there should be new default saves that represent the game better. The modern style of building is very different from the Lego-Esque design of the default saves.

The tutorial should be forced to be done before going on any server