System_StaticMaps [1.2-beta] - New Topic: Kitchen being worked on!

Author Topic: System_StaticMaps [1.2-beta] - New Topic: Kitchen being worked on!  (Read 18131 times)

wrapperup told me in teamspeak this mod is basically dead so rip
loving forget i wanted kitchAN

Why can't he give it to someone else who isn't bored and very active to work on it?

any possible way we could get some tips on adding our own stuff with this before he calls it quits?

Why

Give him what remains to someone who will work on it.

I can live without spyglass but we need the kitchen.

So i have this DTS version of my BL_Construct map, and for some reason, you can only build on a quarter of the main grassy area that is just a single huge 4-sided box, if you try to build on anything else, you'll get the floating brick error

The whole map has correct player physics, but not projectile physics, except for this one area, so projectiles will go through every other part and light sprites can be seen through it

Also, when i select my map, no mission editor group is created and it will only show in the mission editor if i load the Bedroom and then my map

-snip-

For collision, as long as it's in Blender, you can have as many as you want, but you have to do it a certain way.

To do that, unless this is already done, 1 layer cannot have > 15 (maybe 16) meshes, so to fix the issue, fill each layer with 15 meshes until you run out. If you run out of layers, you need a new blend file.
Hopefully you know how to change the layers the models are on, as you do model.

as for the ScriptGroup error, link the map.cs and a console.log if possible, thanks.

Good looking map so far!

For collision, as long as it's in Blender, you can have as many as you want, but you have to do it a certain way.
I'm actually using Milkshape 3D, but it will only export up to 8 solid collision mesh groups because it's so out of date, so every other collision becomes non-solid

To do that, unless this is already done, 1 layer cannot have > 15 (maybe 16) meshes, so to fix the issue, fill each layer with 15 meshes until you run out. If you run out of layers, you need a new blend file.
Hopefully you know how to change the layers the models are on, as you do model.
I know enough Blender to know that it has a layer system, but never knew if things would export properly if you did use it, or if the current DTS exporter was coded enough to export everything properly (considering it's still a WIP and all), but i will look into using Blender then

as for the ScriptGroup error, link the map.cs and a console.log if possible, thanks.
map.cs, server.cs, pref.txt, console.txt

The console is yelling at me about the overly complex collision mesh, but that's because Torque Constructor doesn't remove any hidden or unnecessary faces when exporting as a .MAP and i just did a quick test by taking the model, and without modifying it, i just merged the mesh groups into 7, absurdly complex, textureless collision groups and tossed it in Blockland :cookieMonster:

The console also yells at the Bedroom map, to a much lesser degree obviously, but would the sheer amount of complex collision mesh cause the model to break the script?

I know enough Blender to know that it has a layer system, but never knew if things would export properly if you did use it, or if the current DTS exporter was coded enough to export everything properly (considering it's still a WIP and all), but i will look into using Blender

I actually had to learn Blender to do the original bedroom, coming from M3D. No regrets so far.
I'm still using the old DTS exporter, but I haven't used the 2.7x version Port is making.

The console is yelling at me about the overly complex collision mesh, but that's because Torque Constructor doesn't remove any hidden or unnecessary faces when exporting as a .MAP and i just did a quick test by taking the model, and without modifying it, i just merged the mesh groups into 7, absurdly complex, textureless collision groups and tossed it in Blockland :cookieMonster:

The console also yells at the Bedroom map, to a much lesser degree obviously, but would the sheer amount of complex collision mesh cause the model to break the script?

It should still work, not really sure what would cause the group error you had before.

For some reason, I assumed this was dead.
YAY! It's not dead! I might see some of the old blockland maps from before I joined.

« Last Edit: October 09, 2015, 07:50:51 PM by oilguyfakeaccount »

Should add support for older maps if you can