Author Topic: Ω Smite Megathread Ω  (Read 633 times)

SMITE, a game created by Hi-Rez Studios. Play as a god or goddess from 7 different pantheons in this unique moba. What makes it unique? Unlike most mobas where the game is entirely birds eye view, Smite has made it 3rd person, allowing you to be closer to the action and making 99% of abilites skill shots, and even the auto attacks require aim.

Similar to other mobas, its a competitive team based game where you must destroy objectives, kill other players and ultimately take down the enemy's Titan, a giant creature guards the players spawn.

For those coming from League and Dota, there are some slight differences besides the view change:
  • All "Champions" are based off of real historical gods, goddesses, and some monstrous humans.
  • Last hits aren't required to receive gold, however, you will receive a 50% gold bonus from doing so,
    But because of that, towers that hit minions will make those minions award no gold at all.
  • Inhibitors are equal to phoenix's in Smite. Also, instead of a stationary nexus, you have an aggressive Titan.
  • The map changes based on what team you are on and the lanes are right to left, not top to bottom.
  • Because of the changing map, lanes are differentiated by location to live objectives. Duo lane is next to gold fury (old dragon)
    and solo lane is next to Fire giant (Baron). Also, Duo lane has a longer distance between the tier 1 towers, while solo lane has a shorter distance.
  • Item menu is in tiers, not combos. 1 item will build into another in a 1-3 tier way. You can not buy duplicate items.
  • Items can not be actives. Actives and consumables are in their own slots, 2 each, giving a total of 10 slots, 4 of which are intractable in battle, the other 6 being passive.

If it sounds interesting to you, the sign-up is below

Game Modes
Conquest
The most popular and well known game mode. Fight in a 5v5 match in a large map with 3 lanes and in between jungles.
Each side has 2 towers in each lane and a pheonix guarding the final objective: The Titan.
This is the largest and most complex game mode, with the Jungle being the source of many team fights.
Speaking of the jungle, there are 4 buff camps and 2 exp camps on each side, with 2 large exp camps in the middle and the 2 very important objectives closer to the side lanes: The Gold fury, a creature that awards every teammate with 300 gold, and the Fire Giant, a powerful creature that gives 150 gold and a very potent buff to all allies.

(I would include a picture but it turns out there isnt a map of the current season, sorry)

Arena
An (I think) unique gamemode for Smite: A circular, well, arena with no objectives and side camps. The goal is to deplete the enemy tickets by either killing them, last hitting minions, or getting your minions to the enemies portal.
A simple gamemode, but nonetheless still very fun. This is usually where you go to test out god kits.

Joust
A smaller, more simple version of conquest with 3v3 teams, 1 lane, side jungles, and only 1 tower instead of 2. The Titan has lower health, and this gamemode allows for a faster gamemode usually with friends.

NOTE: It is speculated that the joust map is getting a complete rework, so this info will be changed accordingly.

Assault
ARAM for those from LoL or Dota, this is a full on 5v5 team fight, single lane, no jungle map with no recall and only access to the shop when you spawn.
2 towers each side, a phoenix, and Titan. There is no sustain in lane so buying the active mediation and getting pots is a must.
Unlike LoL, if a team gets a healer, the other team gets a healer. Also, just wish the enemy team doesn't win the lottery with gods.

Siege
The inbetween of conquest and joust with a special twist. 2 lanes with 2 towers each, 4v4 fighting, mid jungle, and giant siege minions that spawn when you reach 100 tickets or kill the juggernaut in the center. Also the best way to gain worshipers.

RANKED
Smite offers 2 ranked modes at the max level of 30 and at least 16 mastered gods.
Conquest is like normal conquest, but with draft picks and 6 bans.
Ranked Joust is the same as joust but is 1v1, 4 bans, blind pick.

List of Players
Post your IGN, Server, and optionally add ranked Stats. Also, put Yes or No if you have the God pack.

Forum Name------IGN-------------Conquest------Joust--------Server------God Pack

Ninja Decoy        NinjaDecoy    Qualifying     Qualifying   NA           Yes
Lusk                   SerLusk         N/A              N/A            NA            N/A

Current Patch
New God!
Ratatoskr, The Sly Messager

Patch Notes

Upcoming Patch
Pins and Dolls, Nox Rework

Nox's new skin
Patch Notes

Other Resources

[Wiki] Smite Wiki

[Video] Smite Guru: What is Smite?

[Guide] Conquest Roles, Lanes, and Camp timers

[Guide] Conquest Starting positions

[Guide] Tiermonster God Builds and Guides (Please note some guides are from season 1)

-Will include more later-

Thanks to Mocha Furrier for unknowingly helping me make this megathread.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2015, 12:57:28 AM by Ninja Decoy »

I've been meaning to try smite again
seems like a lot has changed from before

Hey, my favorite game, Dota League of Smite

I play Smite pretty much 24/7.
My IGN is SerLusk

I play Smite pretty much 24/7.
My IGN is SerLusk

Do you have the god pack and what is your ranked rank if applicable?