Author Topic: Handling a Bloodlust/sanity meter for a forum adventure?  (Read 897 times)

Thinking of doing a forum adventure based around managing bloodlust/sanity, but I'm not sure how to implement it. My current idea is this:

0-29% Bloodlust: Completely sane and nonviolent. You appear normal. Kills and nonlethal takedowns are swift and merciful.

30-49% Bloodlust: Mostly sane. Kills and nonlethal takedowns are swift and slightly violent yet still merciful.

50-69% Bloodlust: Somewhat sane. Kills/Takedowns are violent and less merciful. The speed at which kills/takedowns are executed gets slowed down slightly. You are visibly shaken.

70-89% Bloodlust: Very little sanity, and it is very visible. Kills are noticeably slow and violent. Nonlethal takedowns are painful. You appear limp and livid. Other people are suspicious of you. For example, civilians will question what happened to you, gangsters will verbally warn you to stay back, and cops may bring you in for questioning.

90-99% Bloodlust: Insane. You sport a visibly deranged appearance with a psychotic grin full of teeth and eyes wide to go along with it. Civilians will panic at the sight of you and the chances of them calling the police is higher, cops will try to arrest you, and gangsters may shoot you on sight out of fear. Kills are ultraviolent and even slower, and takedowns may involve crippling limbs.

100% Bloodlust: Completely insane, and it is impossible not to notice. Kills are very drawn out, and this leaves you extremely vulnerable to being attacked. Nonlethal takedowns involve you beating someone to an inch of their life. Unarmed civilians panic and immediately call the police, armed civilians and gangsters will shoot you on sight, and the cops will do whatever it takes to stop you.

Bloodlust is increased by violent actions(killing people, attacking them, etc) and decreased over time or by doing "Pacifist" actions (knocking people out or incapacitating them, most nonviolent actions).

Police Officers, SWAT Teams, and other Law Enforcement officers will only shoot in self defense or if you are directly threatening a civilian(using them as a human shield, for example). Cops can use pepper spray, dogs, and tasers to subdue you while SWATs will use flashbangs, shotgun tasers, beanbag rounds, plastic bullets, armored vehicles with water hoses, and tear gas. National Guard troops will be deployed if you somehow cause enough chaos to warrant that(Running around blowing entire buildings up, massacring enough SWATs, somehow amassing a army of followers and laying waste to the town, terrorism, etc).

EDIT: The thread is up! http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=280368.0
« Last Edit: June 08, 2015, 12:30:57 PM by tber123 »

Wouldn't pacifist actions be difficult for the character to perform if hes at 100%?

This would be cool to see though, some players getting the bloodlust up and others trying to keep it down

Do it
Also I'd do whatever it takes to get to 100% Bloodlust  :cookieMonster:

We need normal lust as well. You know for science.

Wouldn't pacifist actions be difficult for the character to perform if hes at 100%?

This would be cool to see though, some players getting the bloodlust up and others trying to keep it down
I agree, it sounds cool but pacifism should be harder with high bloodlust

normielust

loving casual.

I agree, it sounds cool but pacifism should be harder with high bloodlust

What about the more bloodlust you have, the more the chance of accidentally killing someone during a nonlethal takedown?

Use the sanity rules from Call of Cthulhu, your sense of rationality begins to fade and certain mental disorders begin to take over.

Fun times trying to play that game. Most people end up just saying forget it and committing Self Delete.

isn't this based around some forgeted up anime game?

Sounds like a p. cool idea

Though by the time I contribute I might just get loving killed by some forgeter at 100% already

isn't this based around some forgeted up anime game?
Yandhere Simulator

I think I spelt it wrong

Use the sanity rules from Call of Cthulhu, your sense of rationality begins to fade and certain mental disorders begin to take over.

Fun times trying to play that game. Most people end up just saying forget it and committing Self Delete.

How does Sanity work in that game?