Brawl
16 (9.5%)
Project M
13 (7.7%)
79 (47%)
Other
12 (7.1%)

Total Members Voted: 167

Author Topic: Super Smash Bros. Megathread - official discord  (Read 252274 times)

How is Olimar and Jigglypuff cheap

jigglypuff absolutely stomps on anyone bad if you're semi-good and they keep rolling.

Olimar has the playstyle of "I'm not approaching" So you either get pelted with a ton of pikmin (seriously, why doesnt a perfect shield bounce every pikmin off) or you approach and you get grabbed at some obscene range or get uptilted

why does olimar have a grab the length of zss without the lag?

jigglypuff absolutely stomps on anyone bad if you're semi-good and they keep rolling.

"jigglypuff is only good if the opponent is so bad that they cant KO her before 100% like a regular person can"

Olimar has the playstyle of "I'm not approaching" So you either get pelted with a ton of pikmin (seriously, why doesnt a perfect shield bounce every pikmin off) or you approach and you get grabbed at some obscene range or get uptilted

olimar sux dude, his up B is pretty easily edgeguarded and you just have to play patient and slowly take away the opponent's space
playing a character with disjointed range helps but projectiles or rushdown characters work well too

olimar sux dude, his up B is pretty easily edgeguarded and you just have to play patient and slowly take away the opponent's space
playing a character with disjointed range helps but projectiles or rushdown characters work well too

let's agree to disagree

i just want my ambiguously gendered ninja person

i just want my ambiguously gendered ninja person
i thought it was clearly outlined that sheik is zelda

not if you frequent tumblr 😅

i thought it was clearly outlined that i was joking, but i guess not :y

rly though out of context sheik is so ambiguous and sometimes i forget that sheik is zelda, since i usually only play one zelda title a year
not if you frequent tumblr 😅
u tryna start something kiddo

i thought it was clearly outlined that i was joking, but i guess not :y

rly though out of context sheik is so ambiguous and sometimes i forget that sheik is zelda, since i usually only play one zelda title a yearu tryna start something kiddo

well unless that one Zelda title is OoT, it doesn't really mean much

well unless that one Zelda title is OoT, it doesn't really mean much
by one zelda title a year i mean the one that releases that year, i didnt ever really play OoT until the 3DS port as well
also considering that OoT is the only canon title with sheik in it is also offsetting

yeah

so i've been playing PM and i wanted to see how fox and falco feel; thus far, fox is still boring af but falco surprisingly controls fairly well and is rather fun.

so i've been playing PM and i wanted to see how fox and falco feel; thus far, fox is still boring af but falco surprisingly controls fairly well and is rather fun.
his wavedash is easy to pull off now, thanks science!

in other news, how can you counter guys with disjointed hitboxes/lots of ranged attacks (anime swordsmen, samus, etc.) with close-ranged dudes (mario bros., sonic, etc.) besides picking one of the various anime swordsmen at my disposal
are you just gonna ignore this post

are you just gonna ignore this post
i think the thing about a question like that is it's difficult to answer without a copout like "choose sheik or projectile character lol"

if you ask "how can you counter them" it's similarly difficult to answer because there's going to be a bajillilon exchanges between the players per stock which varies in percentage, location, and even what stage.  a classic tip is "mixup your options and space better" since that's all encompassing and vague enough to not help much at all.

that being said, i'd recommend watching videos of high level players (like ally with mario or 6WX with sonic) to examine the exchanges that go on in their matches.