Brawl
16 (9.5%)
Project M
13 (7.7%)
79 (47%)
Other
12 (7.1%)

Total Members Voted: 167

Author Topic: Super Smash Bros. Megathread - official discord  (Read 249537 times)

I kinda wanna go to POUND (Virginia I think) but I dont have a way to get there, and I'm pretty sure it's the closest "major" tournament near me
tyson's corner, iirc.

man i should look for locals around new jersey
help

man i should look for locals around new jersey
help
if you're not too far away, there's always xanadu near baltimore in maryland

if you're not too far away, there's always xanadu near baltimore in maryland
thats quite a distance
3hr drive rip

hey can someone help me put in some brawl hacks like crazy luigi for dolphin emulator?
or at least tell me
Have you tried to follow one of the many tutorial videos on youtube? I haven't done anything like this in a while, If it was on a Wii I could tell you how via riivolution but I have no idea how its done on a emulator, from a guessing point I would say if dolphin has custom loading you can do that, or you might end up having to open up the .iso and overwrite the existing files (I DO NOT RECOMMEND DOING THAT).

i think dolphin lets you create a virtual sd card so you could try that

i think dolphin lets you create a virtual sd card so you could try that
yeah it does, I used to play pm like this

man i'm so ready to go home and play on anther's ladder all night

man i'm so ready to go home and play on anther's ladder all night
you should fite me if you want
I wanna train my sheik on a gud marth

https://www.reddit.com/r/SSBPM/comments/4496il/dolphin_controller_input_is_more_accurate_in_the/
[A programmer] found a pretty serious problem that likely affected many games. Dolphin was actually polling for input at the wrong part of the frame, so, the game would check for if a button was being held, and Dolphin wasn't actually checking for input at that exact moment. This bug also applies to other games; you may notice games like Super Smash Bros. Melee feeling a bit more like console. Any game that relies on very specific or subframe inputs should be noticeably affected; assuming both the user and game are precise enough!
Note: In order to maintain this fix into input recording and netplay, a prior hack (forcing netplay/movie input polling to 120Hz) was removed. This means that on netplay, pad buffer must be calculated differently than before, and in many cases will appear to be higher. This does not mean there is more latency. This hack was originally introduced as way to reduce desyncs, but upon testing both movie recording and netplay still work properly. Obviously, any input movies recorded prior to this build will no longer work on the latest development builds.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2016, 04:10:11 PM by Julius The 1st »

This isn't really related to smash but while where on the topic...

I have been wanting to start emulating Wii and Gamecube games only for the true HD Upscaling, is it worth it? I don't have an optical drive so I wouldn't be able to dump my games so I can imagine downloading an .iso would take a while or would it be much more worth it to buy a Wii Upscaler and just play my GC and Wii games on there?

I'm more worried about the input lag and upscaler would cause if any btw.

This isn't really related to smash but while where on the topic...

I have been wanting to start emulating Wii and Gamecube games only for the true HD Upscaling, is it worth it? I don't have an optical drive so I wouldn't be able to dump my games so I can imagine downloading an .iso would take a while or would it be much more worth it to buy a Wii Upscaler and just play my GC and Wii games on there?

I'm more worried about the input lag and upscaler would cause if any btw.

well with dolphin you can render at a lot of different resolutions and add/disable graphical enhancements, only limited by your computer power
a gamecube game shouldn't take long to download (~1.2gb i think) but wii games are like 8gb unscrubbed (without unfilled data taken out)

I wonder if I have network issues in smash 4 or if I just suck because no matter who I play or who I play against, they manage to perfect shield most of my hits, combo me to hell and back, and meanwhile my attacks phase through them 60% of the time, my guards get hit through anyway, and any attempt to combo ends with them breaking free because I wiff yet another attack
also somebody please fix this pagestretch before I beat somebody to death with a coathanger
« Last Edit: February 05, 2016, 03:38:13 PM by Clownfish »

well with dolphin you can render at a lot of different resolutions and add/disable graphical enhancements, only limited by your computer power
a gamecube game shouldn't take long to download (~1.2gb i think) but wii games are like 8gb unscrubbed (without unfilled data taken out)
Well that all sounds neat, but I would still have to set everything up (from what I remember I tried to install years ago and got stuck looking for bios), I think I'd rather wait till I can get an external optical drive then just rip my own games, for now maybe I'll look for a HDMI upscaler.