Brawl
16 (9.5%)
Project M
13 (7.7%)
79 (47%)
Other
12 (7.1%)

Total Members Voted: 167

Author Topic: Super Smash Bros. Megathread - official discord  (Read 252833 times)

so how much is the bundle?
$17 something i think.  the fighter(total) bundle is about $40

Considering how there are actually sales now on the eshop, I bet eventually there will be DLC sales, just not any time soon.

There is still room for 3 characters :/

Well at least we got something.

shantae wolf and banjo & kazooie confirmed!!!

well at least without miis it's perfect

wow i payed $12 for two mid tier characters

really brother

Mii fighters are practically useless unless you can use them online, I don't understand why Nintendo doesn't just cave in an allow them, you already can get the most hostile people though abusing names as chat in Smash, and lets not forget Mario Kart 8's Voice Chat... then there's the "blind spots" of miiverse...

The only place I can't see mii fighter applicable are at tournaments, and for glory matches, keeping them out of for fun is an oddball for me, how hard would it be for them to add a checkmark filter for "allow mii fighters".

Then again you can use mii fighters online if you play with friends, so you can technically use Mii Fighter over wifi, just not publicly, its probably just another case of "angry nutcase parents" and Nintendo being scared of being called over a mii with a butt face, then again why would a child that can not handle seeing a poorly made butt face of a mii even be playing smash online?

Also I haven't bought a single piece of DLC yet, the characters are about the price of the game itself and that steers me away from it.

Why not just use the default Miis

tech skill dosent always mean good and this is proof
yeah there was this guy at a local i played at and he was basically loving westballz in terms of tech it was nutty

but he would literally not stop shffling so i would just wait for him to get into landing lag and grab him. i 4 stocked him

eh looking at the full roster again with miis it's kinda growing on me

the bad and/or ugly:
it isn't as aesthetically pleasing or as long, although it's not too terrible
pac-man's cut off awkwardly from the other third parties
still looks a bit... unfinished

the good:
the franchise characters are all together finally
I actually like the slightly more squished icons, kinda sorta reminds me of brawl's (and looking at that again I'm reminded of how many more characters there are in this than in that, wow)
kinda goes alongside the last one but I also like the names overlaying on the icons slightly, looks kinda nice actually
even if you don't like it it's still possible to get the other one by deleting all your mii fighters (although I doubt anyone would want to do that) or while playing online for fun/glory
« Last Edit: February 03, 2016, 11:32:56 PM by gr8dayseth »

Considering how there are actually sales now on the eshop, I bet eventually there will be DLC sales, just not any time soon.
Iunno, I haven't checked in a while but I don't think the Fire Emblem Awakening DLC prices ever dropped, but hey Nintendo tends to surprise.

"Captain, Falco, Ike, Kirby, Bowser + Jr, Little Mac, Charizard, Lucina, Marth, Dark Pit, Roy, Sheik, ZSS, Toon Link and Zelda have changes."

both bayonetta and corrin are going to need more thought out approaches.  like corrin can do some crazy stuff with platforms ('specially techchases and side b applicability) and bayonetta is gonna need more time to develop; both can recover like crazy provided they're able to use a wall:

bayo- sideb, upb, dj upb, wallcling jump, upb
corrin- bair bair bair until wall, sideb, launch up, upb

no, they're not instant sheik just add fair; they're characters that will take time to develop.  we've had cloud for over a month and he's gone from being midtier in the first couple weeks to arguably just outside of top 10.  we'll see.

having said the above, corrin does have several simple combos (dtilt-jab, utilt uair, dtilt fair fair, etc); 18-25ish% each, the tip of his ... spear hand thing?  seems to have a tipper mechanic like marth's that even extends past the visual sweetspot of the move that seems to do like double damage and knockback.  several moves seem to link together well, like nair (depending on the time it hits, but often landing) seems to link into several different options, and the direction you face seems to alter the outcome as well.

also if you do sideb's second press quick enough, you can do the pin in ground while ascending instead of waiting for the hop to go down

Rayman, Ridley, and Gordon Freeman