Author Topic: [GUIDE] How to point non-Steam dedicated server to Steam folder of Blockland  (Read 5247 times)

Hi guys, i probably found a way to launch a dedicated server on steam. I tried it yesterday and it works. What i did to allow Steam launching those Dedicated shortcuts? All was simple as brick:

1) Find your Dedicated servers shortcuts, open it's options by clicking RMB and "Properties" button.
2) In "Target" text field of these shortcuts you will find a string C:\Users\<Username>\Desktop\Games\Blockland\BlocklandLauncher.exe -dedicated -map skylands
3) In the end of this string you must add the -profilePath D:\Steam Library\steamapps\common\Blockland (For this operation please use your own location of the Steam library) This will "connect" your Dedicated server's shortcuts with your actual steam Blockland's folder.
4) Download portable version and put the "BlocklandLauncher.exe" file in your old regular blockland folder, like me.
5) [Optionally] You may copy and paste your key.dat file to prevent inserting your key each time manually.

For example: C:\Users\<Username>\Desktop\Games\Blockland - it's location for "Blocklandlauncher.exe" which used by dedicated server shortcuts, BUT your dedicated server shortcuts must use your Steam folder D:\Steam Library\steamapps\common\Blockland to grab things from it to work like regular dedicated server. (This directory stays from my regular BL version, which i replaced with new one). When you'll launch your Steam dedicated server the game will "ask" you to enter your authentication key, so you'll must type it to continue.

So your Dedicated server shortcut's "Target" text field must look like this: C:\Users\<Username>\Desktop\Games\Blockland\BlocklandLauncher.exe -dedicated -map skylands -profilePath D:\Steam Library\steamapps\common\Blockland

For these instructions you must keep all the dedicated server shorcuts and delete the regular game. You must be an owner of Blockland which were buyed using regular BL website.

UPD: You can use your "key.dat" file to preventing inserting your key manually when trying to launch server.

UPD2: EVERYTHING you were seen above just an example, you must use your own shortcuts folder's path and steam's Blockland working folder to "connect" shortcuts with it.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2015, 11:33:14 AM by Halmet »

When you'll launch your Steam dedicated server the game will "ask" you to enter your authentication key, so you'll must type it to continue.

???

Steam users do not have keys.
This is not a Steam dedicated server. You're just using the files in the Steam library for the actual game.

sounds a lot like you're using a non-steam dedicated server and merging it with your steam files

"C:\Users\<Username>\Desktop\Games\Blockland\BlocklandLauncher.exe" That's not right, not everyone has this file path.

I meant that you should use your own shortcuts folder path and working folder path for connecting them into your steam copy of blockland, don't be silly.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2015, 01:56:07 PM by Halmet »

I meant that you should use your own shortcuts folder path and working folder path for connecting them into your steam copy of blockland, don't be silly.

Still doesn't negate the fact you still need a key, which as Port said:

Steam users do not have keys.
This is not a Steam dedicated server. You're just using the files in the Steam library for the actual game.

DAMNIT OP YOU HAD ME GOIN THERE FOR A SECOND

I know how to do it actually with steam.

nice clickbait title.

I know how to do it actually with steam.
Yeah, the answer is you can't.

Still doesn't negate the fact you still need a key, which as Port said:

Did you even read my note in the first message? It says "You must be an owner of Blockland which were buyed using regular BL website."

Did you even read my note in the first message? It says "You must be an owner of Blockland which were buyed using regular BL website."
Then you're wrong: it isn't a Steam server.