Author Topic: So I created a little multiplayer webgame.  (Read 1594 times)

I lost control and was not able to move.

the controls are so awkward. it feels like you're sliding on ice.

I lost control and went flying like 500 million miles away

"This webpage is unavailable at the moment. Try again later. Sorry for any inconvenience."

Belongs in games

What's it about?

Pretty unrelated but you came up in one of my posts in Ocelotus's BLChat thread.
Hey can you guys maybe not be richards at the thought of a user you don't like starting a project? This is a cool idea and if finished I would totally try it. How many large projects have you guys undertaken? How many were finished? I understand the OP has been unreliable in the past but it's not like it hurts you in anyway and honestly being richards only make progress less likely. I can guarantee if a user like DrenDran or Steve posted this everyone would be rallying in support.
I would like to humbly take back this post, because immediately after offering support and saying "You can do it" he locked the thread and changed the title to "nevermind". Guess my support was misplaced.

Pretty unrelated but you came up in one of my posts in Ocelotus's BLChat thread.I would like to humbly take back this post, because immediately after offering support and saying "You can do it" he locked the thread and changed the title to "nevermind". Guess my support was misplaced.
Weird. I mean people don't blindly support me or anything, but they will take a look.
I should go look at his project.

Also I may have fixed the crashing and definitely fixed some memory leak issues.

the controls are so awkward. it feels like you're sliding on ice.
I actually have five variables I can change in the console:
Speedconst
Maxspeed
Speedreduction
Controlspeed
Velmod

I believe speedconst determines the strength of all acceleration.
Maxspeed is the maximum speed in any direction.
Speedreduction is how quickly you lose speed.
Controlspeed is how fast you accelerate when you hit a key.
And Velmod is a modifier for the strength of all changes to position.

I tried changing two variables for now and it's not as slippery.

Still trying to figure out why it sometimes crashses with multiple people though.

I really, really hate the movement

some massive forget is just sitting atop the spawn

some massive forget is just sitting atop the spawn
Size:549