Author Topic: WIP: a weather mod for V21 ~beta version released~  (Read 4609 times)

/title
it seems that V21 lacks this, and even in the past weather mods were just okay at best.

I am going to try and leave the transitions as smooth as possible and add a variety weather, such as rain fog and perhaps a setting to enable snow.  the mod will also include a day and night cycle, because its hard to have weather without the concept of time :P, there will be no forecasting of weather in this mod, although i will include a variety of time/ weather triggered events that will allow you to do such a thing on your own.

thoughts/ suggestions would be appreciated.

CURRENT PROGRESS:
Almost done! just need to make some events and polish some turds.
scripts:
time/ day-cycle synchronization- 100%
time scripts- 100%
events- 50%
weather transitions- 75%
immersion with blockland/ other mods- 0% (currently only useable through a console command)
Environment files:
skyboxes- 100%
Daycycles- 80%
« Last Edit: June 22, 2015, 03:04:14 PM by zombekillz »

extremely heavy snow and moderate snow
moderate snow is more than the default snow

extremely heavy snow and moderate snow
moderate snow is more than the default snow

ok, ill probably make it a replacer for the heavy and light rain scripts, because snow and rain probably wont happen in the same season anyway.

Does anyone know how to exec skybox files from inside a script_ addon? i cant get my custom ones to show up when they are in the Script_Weather.zip folder

This may be a little extreme but, what about natural disasters, Tornadoes, Hurricanes, flooding etc?

Also what about lightning and thunder?

This may be a little extreme but, what about natural disasters, Tornadoes, Hurricanes, flooding etc?

Also what about lightning and thunder?

I've already got a lightning and thunder mod that i plan to modify and implement.
I don't really think I'm going to do natural disasters, but they can always be added using the events to spawn them.

Mild flooding, moderate flooding and extreme flooding. All comes from moderate to extreme storms/rain
Based off of the default water level that is set by either the host or super admins

Mild flooding, moderate flooding and extreme flooding. All comes from moderate to extreme storms/rain
Based off of the default water level that is set by either the host or super admins

Should be pretty easy to implement at this point, I already have a system made for large multiple day rain storms, but there is no way to get the water level from the server, so ill use the default water height as a base.

maybe these types of clouds?

also tornadoes, tsunamis, and earthquakes would be cool beans

Damn that's alot of clouds, I was thinking more along the lines of clear sky, partially cloudy and very overcast(right before rain)

cloud to butt made my day

there is no way to get the water level from the server
Can't you just use the value of $EnvGuiServer::WaterHeight before you modify the water height?

Can't you just use the value of $EnvGuiServer::WaterHeight before you modify the water height?

Oh, huh, I thought that was all handled by the client, but that would probably work. Thanks

EDIT: having some troubles getting the daycycles and the environmental changes to play nicely with eachother, if you know anything about how blockland environments work, give me a hand here:

all fixed :D
« Last Edit: June 21, 2015, 05:08:37 AM by zombekillz »

im going to release a beta version for you guys to mess around with on ur own, its probably not ready for use on your servers yet tho... enjoy!

https://hostr.co/G7ufaH2NUJO8 <-scripts
https://hostr.co/CXutZ9PChteY <-Skyboxes
http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=273493.0 <-daycycle
all are required
use "/startweather ##" and "/stopWeather" to make the mod do stuff. for the "##" that is the length of the day in seconds.

and don't worry, more will still be added, this is just the tip of the iceberg.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2015, 06:38:38 AM by zombekillz »

I remember that Blockland used to have lightning. Does that still work?

I remember that Blockland used to have lightning. Does that still work?
Yea, I used gcats lightning mod for it, there is actually a lightning datablock.