Plunderfest! Climb aboard you scallywags! (And the captain is...?)

Author Topic: Plunderfest! Climb aboard you scallywags! (And the captain is...?)  (Read 1565 times)

Welcome to...

PLUNDERFEST

What is this tomfoolery?

You are a pirate aboard a ship and you are setting sail to plunder the high seas with ye fellow mates!

It is June 8, 1662.  You are aboard the [SHIPNAME] with a tiny crew of 5, and your captain is [N/A].  You are currently off the coast of North Africa, sailing Westward.  The weather is clear and perfect for sailing.  There is not an enemy in sight.

[SHIPNAME]

Ship crew capacity:  5/20
Ship hold capacity:  50/100
Ship hold:
   Food (20)
   Water (8)
   Rum (4)
   Powder (3)
   Cannon shot (10; 4)
   Musket shot (45; 3)
Cannons:  16
Speed:  Moderately Quick
Bearing:  Westward toward the Straight of Gibraltar.  (Arrival in 1 day)

How do I play?

First, fill out this application.  You can modify some parts, but any part with a * must be included.

Code: [Select]
[b][size=15pt][FULL NAME*][/size][/b]

[b]Short Name:[/b]  [SHORT NAME]
[b]Nickname:[/b]  [NICKNAME]

[b]Physical Description:[/b]  [PHYSICAL DESCRIPTION*]
[b]Specialty:[/b]  [SPECIALTY*; basically your best skill.  see below]
[b]Weapon of choice:[/b]  [WEAPON OF CHOICE*; you start with this, but it is only a decent teir.]

(Specialty is one of the following:  Swashbuckler (Dualing and agile close combat; best with swords), Berserker (Dealing with many enemies in close combat at once; best with dual swords or heavy melee), Scallywag (Basically a very agile type that is good with knives), Boomstickman (A ranged type that can use any kind of handheld gun), Crewman (Basic type that has no special skills, except that everything is barely increased; turns into Galleyman or Medic), Galleyman (Cooks food very well, and has good skill with knives), Medic (Heal people, kinda), Musclehead (Pretty much good at hauling stuff around).)

Rules and Info:

• You all start aboard the same ship when the game begins.
  • You may mutiny or split off into your own factions if you want, or if you capture ships, you can build a fleet.
  • Most or all of national navies will not respect you, but if you respect them and cozy up to them, they might be lenient.
  • This is an RP as well as an adventure.  Levels can be gained, and items can be plundered.
  • Be realistic.  You are not some invincible tank that can withstand a shot to the vitals and keep fighting.
  • If your character dies, you can come back to life when the battle is over and your mates kill the entire crew.  You only keep half of your stats, however.  You can begin anew otherwise.
  • Once there are at least 4 people, you may determine how you want to figure out who the captain is.
  • Unless there is no possible way for a player to react, there is no insta-hitting.
  • The captain determines the name of the ship, the chain of command, and has right to give commands.
  • Each ship has a specified capacity limit.
  • Timescale 1 irl day = 1 week.
  • You may change your class once every fortnight irl time, but not all skills are transferable.
  • Any supplies that are not key supplies like water, food and treasure, etc. are pretty much provided unless someone loses them.  A bucket and a mop, for instance, would be complimentary.

Current Players:

Jarvis MacMillan; Crewman; lv. 1
   Shortsword
Frederick Henderson; Musclehead; lv. 1
   Knife
Donner McConnel; Boomstickman; lv. 1
   Musket
Rocko McMan; Berserker; lv. 1
   Tree trunk
Davis Edward; Boomstickman; lv. 1
   Musketoon (short-barreled musket)
« Last Edit: June 22, 2015, 02:31:42 AM by Maelstrom »

Jarvis MacMillan

Short Name:  Jarvis
Nickname:  Mackey

Physical Description:  A rather short and stockey Irishman.  He is generally reserved, but when he wants to shout, he can project his voice with surprising force.
Specialty:  Crewman
Weapon of choice:  Shortsword

Frederick Henderson

Short Name:  Fred
Nickname:  The Goblin Gobbler

Physical Description: Very tall, pudgy and sooper stronk Cuban man.
Specialty: Musclehead
Weapon of choice: Bare hands but has a small dagger for emergencies
« Last Edit: June 20, 2015, 06:46:33 PM by PurpleSir »

That would be "Musclehead," btw.  Guide on the specialties is listed below the app thing.

Otherwise welcome aboard!

Jarvis looks off of the port bow and sees nothing but open sea.  He inspects the deck and finds a spot in a corner where a seagull died last week.  The seagull was removed, but there's still a stain there.  Jarvis goes down below decks and grabs a pail and some rope, lowering the pail into the water, and hauling up a half-filled pail of seawater.  He then scrubs the stained spot with a rag.  The stain is slowly going away.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2015, 04:48:24 AM by Maelstrom »

Donner McConnell

Short Name:  Don
Nickname:  Conner

Physical Description:  A slim and semi-tall German light-weight.
Specialty:  Boomstickman
Weapon of choice:  Flintlock

Welcome aboard!

Jarvis finishes cleaning the spot on the deck, wrings out the towel into the pail.  He then picks up the pail and dumps the water overboard, grumbling to himself.

Jarvis then walks to the old captain's quarters—same as everyone left it the last time we threw him overboard.  He was a cruel tyrant.  Almost time we get a new one.

That would be "Musclehead," btw.  Guide on the specialties is listed below the app thing.
oh ty

Rocko McMan

Short name: Rocko
Nickname: MadMan

Physical Description: Tall And strong German man
Specialty: Berserker
Weapon of choice: Anything Blunt
« Last Edit: June 21, 2015, 12:07:42 AM by BreadFish »

Welcome aboard!

Jarvis strolls down below the decks and sees his three other shipmates sitting and talking.  "Alright me lads, it be high time we look for another captain."  Jarvis then looks at his mates for a reply.  "Any ideas?"

Welcome aboard!

Jarvis strolls down below the decks and sees his three other shipmates sitting and talking.  "Alright me lads, it be high time we look for another captain."  Jarvis then looks at his mates for a reply.  "Any ideas?"
Rocko speaks up: Me

OOC: Why not have a berserker crazyman as a captain?

Davis Edward

Short name:Dave
Nickname: Triggerman

Physical Description: Short, strong and stocky Irish  man
Specialty: Boomstickman
Weapon of choice: Musketoon (shorter barreled musket)

Fred opens the door to the quarters, holding a small box with papers in it. He lays it on the desk.

"Here's my resume mi buen señor, I apply for captain."

With further inspection, it is seen that his "resume" is a bunch of newsletters describing his crimes and wanted posters.

Welcome aboard!

"I'll apply for captain," says Donner, before crumpling up a paper and throwing it on the floor.

Welcome aboard, Davis!

Jarvis puts throws his hands up in the air, "Aay, don't look at me!  I'm no decider 'ere.  Would ye like a vote, then, or shall ye jest figure it out yerselves?  ...  Oh, that reminds me!"

Jarvis exits, realizing that no one had been steering the ship, and after a minute, the ship turns counter-clockwise 5 degrees.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2015, 02:40:00 AM by Maelstrom »

The ship arrives outside of Gibraltar.  A fishing ship can be seen in the distance.