Poll

After you've tried the new reference frame import feature, do you think it should be enabled by default?

Yes
No

Author Topic: [Blender] New DTS plugin  (Read 133605 times)

???

Thanks for the link
(Should've stated I was referring to a video tutorial, but hey this'll do and thanks again :cookie: )

"Use mesh transforms" has now been fixed, but I've disabled it by default until I can be sure it doesn't break any of your models. I would appreciate if you'd update the plugin and try to export DTS files with the setting enabled.

On another note, armature support (which also means root poses, vertex weights and separate timelines) might come. No guarantees as this is something I've been trying to implement for a year, but I just might have found a way to do it.

On another note, armature support (which also means root poses, vertex weights and separate timelines) might come. No guarantees as this is something I've been trying to implement for a year, but I just might have found a way to do it.
Hype!

Hope you can actually get that working

I can import into an armature.
This is what it looks like if I export it right now.

:panda:

yo dog nice keep up the good work

I can import into an armature.
This is what it looks like if I export it right now.

[img width=600 ]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/144934531122724864/292321113499762688/Screenshot_from_2017-03-17_16-39-16.png[/img]

:panda:
Looks normal to me

Yeah I'm pretty sure that's a normal Blockhead.

you should totally make that a playertype
will surely dl

"Use mesh transforms" has now been fixed, but I've disabled it by default until I can be sure it doesn't break any of your models. I would appreciate if you'd update the plugin and try to export DTS files with the setting enabled.

I need to make sure that this doesn't break things before turning it back on by default.

I've been using this to export a DTS File to use for a Hatmod Hat, but some parts got forgeted up
How It's meant to Look:

How it Looks Ingame:

.blend DL link: https://leopard.hosting/download.php?f=cftcv
« Last Edit: March 18, 2017, 06:25:03 PM by Bloo Kirby the 2nd »

It's not really the exporter's fault. The exporter converts the mesh into tris, and if no smoothing is applied you get a triangulated look. You can fix this by setting the mesh smooth and use edgesplit modifier. Hint: you can select individual edges and press ctrl+e to define sharp edges.

bloo, your model has unflat faces. just triangulate a few of the bigger ones and you'll see.

solution is to use smooth shading like barnabas said

i tried it and it worked
thanks a lot my friend