[Blender] New DTS plugin

Poll

After you've tried the new reference frame import feature, do you think it should be enabled by default?

Yes
No

Author Topic: [Blender] New DTS plugin  (Read 133601 times)

how should i go about exporting wise to fix this

"Guy" is the name of the visor which is transparent

After re-exporting m.dts, shadows of certain parts of the player cease to exist.

If anyone finds a solution to this, please let me know.

This is still a problem. Here is the reference GitHub issue:
https://github.com/portify/io_scene_dts/issues/28

Some people seem to have workarounds to it. I'd appreciate ideas as it might help find a way to actually fix it.

Mental note for later: order of objects and materials in shape based on material transparency and https://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=281071.msg9311221#msg9311221 but nodes shouldn't be relevant

im trying to import a player model plus a dsq of it running and export it (for reasons)

it wont export

Does this still happen?

"Use mesh transforms" is back on by default.

i havent tested this in a while, but i managed to fix the doom helmet issue somehow

as far as the other error goes i dont even remember what my .blend file i was using for that.

the animation exports successfully and works but the animation in game wasnt the same plus it didnt loop (im guessing i have to do set it with the text editor)

i wouldnt worry about it though the animation i was working with is so old and i probably messed it up on my part

Instead of having to mess with this:

Material properties are now defined in a proper interface:

Make sure to move the relevant custom properties from old .blend files before updating. Let me know if I messed something up again, I guess.

This is still a problem. Here is the reference GitHub issue:
https://github.com/portify/io_scene_dts/issues/28

Some people seem to have workarounds to it. I'd appreciate ideas as it might help find a way to actually fix it.

Mental note for later: order of objects and materials in shape based on material transparency and https://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=281071.msg9311221#msg9311221 but nodes shouldn't be relevant

I think it could be related to telling the engine in which order should be stuff drawn. The workaround shown by Eksi is the following: There's an empty called "ztranscontainer" which is used as the parent for transparent meshes. For a good measure, I name my transparent meshes "z<meshnamehere>" which puts them in the bottom of the mesh order list. I don't know why it works, but it works.

If I remember well, mesh sorting was never supported by the old exporter either, that's why it had to be hacked this way.

Not sure if this workaround works with the new exporter.

The "Write debug report" option is now off by default in every operator and has been hidden from the GUI for non-developers

The workaround shown by Eksi is the following: There's an empty called "ztranscontainer" which is used as the parent for transparent meshes. For a good measure, I name my transparent meshes "z<meshnamehere>" which puts them in the bottom of the mesh order list. I don't know why it works, but it works.

Based on the idea of this, the exporter now processes any objects that have any transparent materials last.
This seems to fix the transparency issues, at least with what I tested (re-exporting the default player model).

Do try this latest version with your own models that had transparency/shadow issues and tell me if they're fixed now.
PS: Undo any workarounds first, as they shouldn't be needed.

Material properties are now defined in a proper interface:

Make sure to move the relevant custom properties from old .blend files before updating. Let me know if I messed something up again, I guess.
This is fantastic

I have a weird bug. If you append a model made in old Blender (that was previously exported with transparency options) you can't set material properties at all. (Blender 2.76, the last version to work on XP)

Never mind: I'm stupid and inexperienced.

Tested a model with transparency in ShowTool. So far so good, transparent meshes are not being hidden behind the model, even if their names don't start with "z".
« Last Edit: March 20, 2017, 06:10:58 PM by Barnabas »

I'm new to blender how do i install this?

I'm new to blender how do i install this?
Download the ZIP file from the GitHub page, open Blender, go to 'File' on the top left, go to 'User Preferences', and on the bottom of that menu, click 'Install from file', then just browse to the ZIP file and select it, the menu should then bring you to the newly installed plugin and there should be a checkbox that you may or may not have to check off in order to enable the plugin

Then you can click 'Save user settings' and close the menu down, and from there you can go back to File, go down to Import, and you can choose to import Torque DTS or Torque Sequences DSQ

Download the ZIP file from the GitHub page, open Blender, go to 'File' on the top left, go to 'User Preferences', and on the bottom of that menu, click 'Install from file', then just browse to the ZIP file and select it, the menu should then bring you to the newly installed plugin and there should be a checkbox that you may or may not have to check off in order to enable the plugin

Then you can click 'Save user settings' and close the menu down, and from there you can go back to File, go down to Import, and you can choose to import Torque DTS or Torque Sequences DSQ

Thanks really old blockland player which is really cool.

honestly having an id like yours seems really cool to me
« Last Edit: March 22, 2017, 07:02:32 AM by yeTenszi »