[Blender] New DTS plugin

Poll

After you've tried the new reference frame import feature, do you think it should be enabled by default?

Yes
No

Author Topic: [Blender] New DTS plugin  (Read 133403 times)

The master branch now has highly experimental options (off by default) for importing to and exporting from armatures with bone hierarchies. Animation with these is not supported yet.

You added an export selection only option.  :cookieMonster:

Exporting a dts causes lighting differences.

1. Set shaders to at least minimum
2. Start game with the vanilla m.dts
3. Put your back to your sun and look at it, it's not shining that much.

4. Import and re-export m.dts over the vanilla model (backup first)
5. Start game with the new m.dts
5. Put your back to the sun. Your cape/back is now shiny.

Also, my head's disappearing after I export from this plugin.

Make sure you're using the latest version

Downloaded the plugin yesterday, was there any update after that?
EDIT: Last commit was 14 days ago, I'm up to date.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2017, 11:12:50 PM by Klocko¹ »

I just installed the most recent version and re-exported a custom player model with no changes at all, now i'm having the same problem and my torso decal seems to have disappeared as well

After updating

Before updating (bad comparison because old screenshot, but you can still see the head)

wow i just realised the blockhead model doesn't fit with arms
(no offense)

I'm trying to make a HD version of the Blockhead. When I replace m.dts in base/data/shapes/player and join a server, avatar customization on everyone appears completely muddled to me.
This also happens if I import then re-export m.dts without making any changes.

In Singleplayer

In Multiplayer
« Last Edit: April 10, 2017, 04:55:50 AM by Klocko¹ »

now i'm having the same problem

This is really weird. If anything this is one of the things that I fixed in the latest versions, so that shouldn't be the case.

my torso decal seems to have disappeared as well

Is this with a m.dts imported before or after you updated? The way materials are assigned has changed.

In Multiplayer

This is simply because you have a different version of the player model than the server, the game doesn't expect you to be doing that.

Is this with a m.dts imported before or after you updated? The way materials are assigned has changed.
I've not re-imported m.dts since updating because my player model has a modified torso model, so what do you suggest i do to fix it?

I've not re-imported m.dts since updating because my player model has a modified torso model, so what do you suggest i do to fix it?

Copy over the material properties from the custom properties to the dedicated panel

Instead of having to mess with this:

Material properties are now defined in a proper interface:

Make sure to move the relevant custom properties from old .blend files before updating.

This is simply because you have a different version of the player model than the server, the game doesn't expect you to be doing that.

Is it possible to fix this? It looks like avatars are working, but the data is in the wrong order. Changing one part of my avatar in the interface changes a different part on the server.
I hex edited the default player a little and joined a server, my avatar's still ok. This definitely isn't because I have a different file, something in the export is making it go wrong.

Okay, here's a list of problems that I've found so far:

1. Using a Blockhead m.dts exported from Blender as the model in a playertype causes the head to disappear.
However if you export over the m.dts in base/data/shapes/player/, suddenly the head in the playertype works!

EDIT: By the way, when I imported m.dts I was using the latest version.

2. Lighting difference when using as playertype
Here's a perfectly generic Standard Player. If you replace m.dts in base/data/shapes/player/, the lighting stays normal.
However, lets switch to a different m.dts in a playertype.

Ignoring my modifications and the missing head issue, we can see that the lighting on the player is different.
My modifications didn't cause this, if you import and then export the default m.dts as the playertype model without any changes this still happens.

3. Avatar customization is muddled with a modified m.dts in multiplayer, most likely because of the way it's exported.
Might be a problem caused by incorrect sorting?
« Last Edit: April 10, 2017, 11:00:49 PM by Klocko¹ »

The shine looks like it's not using the right texture

I think blank.png shines like that, but the center of brickSIDE.png is dull

So what you should do is go into edit mode on those items and make sure they're using the brickSIDE material, not blank, and that their UV mesh hasn't been re-adjusted

1. Using a Blockhead m.dts exported from Blender as the model in a playertype causes the head to disappear.
However if you export over the m.dts in base/data/shapes/player/, suddenly the head in the playertype works!
This i speculated may have to do with some sort of difference between Blockland's default model and the model imported and exported from Blender

Also, importing the nodeOrder text was removed from the importer, my player model used this and the blank Sequences text to not have the animations break, but i deleted those since i didn't think they were necessary to keep anymore since importing and exporting m.dts without them is fine, but it turns out that the animation still breaks, so how do i fix this? Should i just start fresh, or is there a way to fix the animations from this point?
« Last Edit: April 10, 2017, 11:37:50 PM by Masterlegodude »

The shine looks like it's not using the right texture

I think blank.png shines like that, but the center of brickSIDE.png is dull

So what you should do is go into edit mode on those items and make sure they're using the brickSIDE material, not blank, and that their UV mesh hasn't been re-adjusted
This i speculated may have to do with some sort of difference between Blockland's default model and the model imported and exported from Blender

Also, importing the nodeOrder text was removed from the importer, my player model used this and the blank Sequences text to not have the animations break, but i deleted those since i didn't think they were necessary to keep anymore since importing and exporting m.dts without them is fine, but it turns out that the animation still breaks, so how do i fix this? Should i just start fresh, or is there a way to fix the animations from this point?
just import the default m.dts in a separate window and copy over all the node order info?