Poll

After you've tried the new reference frame import feature, do you think it should be enabled by default?

Yes
No

Author Topic: [Blender] New DTS plugin  (Read 133603 times)

can you make applying textures easier
my vers is outdated scuse me
« Last Edit: June 17, 2017, 12:24:07 PM by Potatoh »

can you make applying textures easier
whats difficult about it now? in edit mode, apply materials to selected faces in the object materials list? it cant be easier than that honestly

This is a nice addon, but the only issue i have is with playertypes. Whenever I export the model to m.dts or anything similar, all nodes are unhidden.

Nodes are supposed to be hidden by the playertype's script. So that's not really a bug

So I keep running into this error report but I'm not sure how to fix it, seems to only occur when exporting as DTS:

Click it to enlarge

you are parented under "head" which is a mesh, my guess
try moving everything from "head" to another empty in the same branch as "head"

you are parented under "head" which is a mesh, my guess
try moving everything from "head" to another empty in the same branch as "head"
Oh that's so obvious now that you point it out.

New problem now: one of my animations says it's missing a reference for a blend animation, not sure how I do that on here.

UPDATE: Conan helped me, I had to add a keyframe into the timeline named "reference"
« Last Edit: June 30, 2017, 01:22:30 AM by Cowboy Dude »

Are you planning to add an option for environment maps?

And if possible, be able to control how apparent it is

And speaking of possibilities, is it possible to mark certain meshes as a billboard/Z billboard?

And if possible, be able to control how apparent it is

And speaking of possibilities, is it possible to mark certain meshes as a billboard/Z billboard?

Do you know for sure that these actually work in v21?

Do you know for sure that these actually work in v21?
Only with shaders off, unfortunately

And only if the model is spawned as an item, a player using said item won't show it

Not sure if it works with vehicles or not
« Last Edit: July 03, 2017, 03:46:04 AM by Masterlegodude »

I've updated the repository:

• Instead of reading data directly from F-Curves, the exporter will seek to frames in the timeline and read transform data right out of the nodes for animations. This data is read the same way as the base node transforms (outside of animations), which are more reliable. Among other things, having empties offset from their meshes won't totally mess up like in the image below[1]. This probably fixes several edge cases as well.
    Ref. 1
  • You no longer need to manually seek to the "reference" keyframe when exporting, the plugin will do so for you.
  • The importer will now write durations (in seconds) to the Sequences document, and the exporter supports using user specified durations instead of ones computed directly from frame rate.

As I can't test that extensively, please let me know if you encounter any issues. I haven't tried blend animations with the new system yet.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2017, 08:42:45 AM by portify »

Forgive me for being a handicap but how do I export dsq? Like I want to export 2 animations, a look and a root, how do I make it output two different dsq files that contain the correct animations? I get that you can export dsq but I always just get a single .dsq file.

That single .dsq file contains both of the animations. You can simply add it to your TSShapeConstructor and both will be included. It doesn't yet let you choose which should be in the .dsq for when you really want to separate them (out of curiosity, why?), but that's a feature I'd like to add. In the mean time you can remove the markers from one before exporting.

That single .dsq file contains both of the animations. You can simply add it to your TSShapeConstructor and both will be included. It doesn't yet let you choose which should be in the .dsq for when you really want to separate them (out of curiosity, why?), but that's a feature I'd like to add. In the mean time you can remove the markers from one before exporting.
You underestimate how bad I am at this but I thank you for assuming I had some other reason behind it lol.
It's because I have no idea how to call the animations. I work 95% off of looking how other people work, so when I encounter someone naming something ./look.dsq and ./root.dsq and I only have 1 file I really have no idea what to do. I can copy but have no understanding of the underlying mechanism by which blender or torque works. So for good measure, can I ask what I should type instead of sequence0  = "./root.dsq root"; ?