Author Topic: So I'm stuck in an awkard situation [Blogland]  (Read 904 times)

So basically one of my friends is bi, and he's in love with this other guy (who's this kid you wouldn't expect anyone to be in love with] and anyway, my friend is obsessed with this guy, he always tells me about how he tried to give him hints that he was into him, and its basically gone into stalker territory.

All our other friends have had enough of his bullstuff, and I'm at the point where I'm starting to have enough, but he confides in me. I'm stuck in the awkward position of giving him advice on how (if) he can get this kid to fall in love with him. The problem is I'm 90% sure that the kid he has an obsessive crush on is straight. Apparently the guy drops subtle "hints" but I think it's just my friend not having a clue.

I really don't know what to do, should I just straight up tell my friend to get out of his fantasy, or should I keep playing along until he finds out for himself, because those are really my only 2 options now

Any advice guys?

Tell your friend to either ask him outright or just stop, those are the only two sane options.

I saw that ninja edit. You swapped that accidental "me" with "my friend"

Just tell him that people are starting to notice that he's acting creepy and stalker-y

maybe he'll ease up

Just tell him that people are starting to notice that he's acting creepy and stalker-y

maybe he'll ease up
This.

Tell him he is weird and should change himself to be like us normal people.
str8

Tell your friend to either ask him outright or just stop, those are the only two sane options.
He told me he already confessed, I'm pretty sure his crush knows, problem is no one really knows whether he's gay or straight.

maybe he'll ease up
Already told him he's being creepy. Doesn't stop him from texting me all this stuff about how much he loves him, and how much he dreams about him

Already told him he's being creepy. Doesn't stop him from texting me all this stuff about how much he loves him, and how much he dreams about him

well then let him know that it's starting to creep you out

under rated post

Tell him he is weird and should change himself to be like us normal people.
str8
Us? Normal?

hes using the term ''my friend'' so people dont target him for being bi

Go straight forward, but don't be to blunt. say
"dude, your stalker approach to this guy is too much, if you like him, don't stalk him, thats just gonna make things worse" or soemthing like that

There was that compulsive liar/oak leaf smoker that had the same "problem". I'll reiterate it again: get the forget over it. If you don't 100% know the loveuality of the person, don't go for it. You'll just end up being labeled as a stereotypical friend.

stick it in his pooper

There was that compulsive liar/oak leaf smoker that had the same "problem". I'll reiterate it again: get the forget over it. If you don't 100% know the loveuality of the person, don't go for it. You'll just end up being labeled as a stereotypical friend.
It's not me that has this problem, it's a friend of mine, and I think I've only been goading him even more, and not helping him get over his obsession. I don't want me to be the one he ends up hating by telling him to get over it, but I also don't want him to end up hurt in the end