Apply for citizenship in the new nation of Liberland!

Author Topic: Apply for citizenship in the new nation of Liberland!  (Read 1246 times)

Found out a micronation recently declared independence.  This micronation is called the Free Republic of Liberland.  Its basic rights and laws are founded on libertarianism - or the "political philosophy that upholds liberty as its principal objective" (wikipedia).  You can sign up to be a citizen like I did, and assuming that it will last long enough for your citizenship application to be accept, you can be a accepted as a citizen of the tiny nation.

Some other facts:

- They (we, hopefully soon) have their (our) own website
- It's larger than the Vatican City and Monaco at 7 square kilometers
- The land that Liberland is on was previously not claimed by any country (it lies between Serbia and Croatia)
- The current population is 0, although the founder and president was arrested when he attempted to enter his small nation
- The nation has already been invaded by Croatian police on the 18th of June to arrest an activist that crossed the Croatian boarder into Liberland.  The activist, Ulrik Grøssel Haagensen, plans to take Croatia to court for the invasion.

oh god

this again

who was that one guy that did this before? texas something?

oh god

this again

who was that one guy that did this before? texas something?
actually, unlike that one guy, this is a real thing

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liberland

THE PRINCIPALITY OF AEROX

Я предпочитаю Россия лучше, но благодаря

I don't understand micronations. Like what do you even do with them?

Nevermind, found it.

this sounds like a thing that wont work at all

primarily because it appeals to libertarians and anarchists; people who dont have any money

EDIT: and it looks like theyre going to run off of voluntary donations alone (no taxes), something they're struggling to do even now

EDIT2: and the country is literally on a forgetin minefield
« Last Edit: June 23, 2015, 08:48:50 AM by Niblic² »

The Republic of Molassia, except they're being serious.

lol

if they adopt a duck flag, that'd be baller

People who equate Libertarians with Anarchists are idiots

primarily because it appeals to libertarians and anarchists
anarchists = no government, no laws
libertarians = upholding as much individual freedom as possible with a government that disallows crime and keeps things running smoothly
they're pretty much entirely different

If I apply for citizenship there, am I no longer a citizen of the US?
« Last Edit: June 23, 2015, 11:28:52 AM by Col. Burton »

probably dual citizenship