Looking for a cool game, any ideas?

Author Topic: Looking for a cool game, any ideas?  (Read 2489 times)

prison architect gets forgetin intense

prison architect gets forgetin intense
this game might fit the bill

GTA5
what

i've got a few games for you, OP

Banished - town building game, starts out relatively simple but becomes almost all micromanagement. was big at first but has since then died off, but if you like these games you'll have fun. $19.99 on steam

Dwarf Fortress - the holy grail of all things management and complex. install a graphics pack if you can't handle the ASCII graphics, but if you can get past the steep learning curve, you'll be building up a self-sustaining fortress of dwarves. probably one of the most fun games I have ever played, but also one of the most confusing and hardest to get in to. if you want to take a break from managing a fortress, you can move on to adventure mode and become your own man, doing quests and hunting monsters. Free on their website

Prison Architect - haven't played this game personally, and it's already been recommended here. looks pretty badass, and i own all the other games the developer, introversion software, has published. they're good devs and it looks pretty fun. $29.99 on steam

Space Station 13 - this doesn't fit the "management" part, but you work with other players to make the station self-sustaining and "network" with other departments to get everything working. you can take up the command roles and manage things from there, but it's not quite a city-building game or whatever. pretty damn fun though, and something always goes wrong. Free through the Byond client

RimWorld - Colony building game inspired by dwarf fortress and looks like prison architect. really fun. you manage a colony of settlers and protect them from invaders all while building a safe space on an unknown world. $30 on their website

Sunless Sea - again, not a city-building game, but you manage your crew on a ship sailing a vast underground sea full of eldritch terrors. a personal favorite. $18.99 on steam

and, of course, there are the civilization series. most of these games don't require a great gaming computer, save for banished which may have some more modern visuals - but nothing too bad.

would rollercoaster tycoon be one

i was going to say prison architect earlier but i wasnt sure if that's what op wanted

would rollercoaster tycoon be one
oh forget, i totally forgot about this series. get roller coaster tycoon 3 platinum, new one is stuff. or, if you want even better gameplay at the lack of graphics (personal opinion... i love RTC2's graphics), get roller coaster tycoon 2.

haha, damn, you reminded me of my rtc3 park building days. some parks were kickass

I got this one game on steam called Software Inc.

Starts off relatively simple where your goal is to be a succesful software devolopment company. You get to design your own buildings n stuff, hire employees, devolop software, manage things like who does what and servers, and a bunch of stuff.

Its pretty fun, but gets pretty complex, too.

what really killed RTC3 for me was that i couldnt play with money on. building was just sorta boring when there was no risk or satisfaction from earning and spending money
RTC2 is a masterpiece too, get it with expansions if at all possible.

what really killed RTC3 for me was that i couldnt play with money on. building was just sorta boring when there was no risk or satisfaction from earning and spending money
just so you know if you really wanted to, you can make a scenario where the only thing you change is the amount of money instead of unlimited

but yeah both rtc3 and rtc2 are really good

just so you know if you really wanted to, you can make a scenario where the only thing you change is the amount of money instead of unlimited

but yeah both rtc3 and rtc2 are really good
WAIT HOW

WAIT HOW
there's an in-game scenario editor in the same place in the peep editor
one of the options somewhere in the main menu can't remember now

i have a trilogy box thing with all three in it

Yeah, that's a good idea, I forgot i actually have that rct3 platinum with all the expansions somewhere, I'd have to look for it. I'm looking into SS13 right now because that sounded interesting but it looks like it's server only like roblox, which is something i don't like, we'll see though.

Oh and flame, thx for making that so organized and easy to read, also it doesn't have to be a city building game, that just happens to fit what i want well.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2015, 10:52:28 PM by Yin Yang »

Yeah, that's a good idea, I forgot i actually have that rct3 platinum with all the expansions somewhere, I'd have to look for it. I'm looking into SS13 right now because that sounded interesting but it looks like it's server only like roblox, which is something i don't like, we'll see though.

Oh and flame, thx for making that so organized and easy to read
yeah, it's server based, but on some servers you're in one station with like 50 people. get's crowded sometimes, almost. it's pretty crazy

and no problem o/

edit: whoa, got confused when i posted and ended up in the games section afterwards haha

SS13 is really good

also i'd recommend starforge but i don't own the game and apparently it has some issues with FPS and saving, it looks cool though