Reverie Fort Wars

Poll

and how does this poll make you feel?

the old poll was better
a sudden urge to kill my father and seduce my mother
hungry
large and in charge
like a plastic bag

Author Topic: Reverie Fort Wars  (Read 24936 times)

So is this up, then?
Not right now. I've been working on/hosting it nonstop for almost a week and I'm a bit burnt out at the moment. It will be up a lot friday-monday because I have a four day weekend.

Alrighty, thanks cap'n.

What if there was a way to use a resource as a currency, but just allow for a moderately-low spellcasting process to create a compact form.  I guess what I'm going at is stacking.  Also the trading system is something that we really need.

Will the server be getting wiped when you host this friday?
pls no

What if there was a way to use a resource as a currency, but just allow for a moderately-low spellcasting process to create a compact form.  I guess what I'm going at is stacking.  Also the trading system is something that we really need.
All resources already stack.

Will the server be getting wiped when you host this friday?
pls no
I'm not wiping inventory/equipment data again until enemies are implemented, so no. However, unless there are builds on the current map that haven't been destroyed and people really want to keep, I will generate another new map.

Bumping because I'd like to have some input on whether or not we should even bother with daggers

Just finished a few changes:
  • All melee weapon ranges have been reduced by 1.5 units. I was under the mistaken impression that the default sword, which I was using as a reference when setting other melee weapon ranges, had a range of 5, when it only has a range of about 3.1.
  • Obtaining a tool or weapon will now automatically equip it
  • You can now drop tools and weapons (will add dropping of other items soon)
  • Snowballs!
  • Bows and snowballs now display the type and remaining quantity of ammo being used
  • Fixed an error message when crafting if you didn't have enough of a material
« Last Edit: July 05, 2015, 02:38:56 PM by Amade »

I think if you add daggers, they should do a lot more damage, but much less range than a sword. You could also make them much less expensive compared to swords, and that would make a bit more variety in combat.

I think if you add daggers, they should do a lot more damage, but much less range than a sword. You could also make them much less expensive compared to swords, and that would make a bit more variety in combat.
The plan with daggers was that they would attack quickly and crit for double damage from behind, but would naturally have short range.

plz add GUI and HUD?

uh

well the only thing a dagger would have going for it involves concealment and puncturing

range usually wins over anything
kinda the reason we have guns nowadays...

daggers / knives need an element of surprise to beat anything

mayb all regular wep mounts to the player's side when not for use, while the dagger does not

backstab dmg s kinda dumb...but works

mayb have a surprise attack

attacking within 5000ms of pulling your dagger out could bleed / cripple the target

or a rclick throw / knife play

plz add GUI and HUD?
It already has a HUD. I am of the strong opinion that client mods should be an addition, not a requirement. The server will be fully playable without any need to download a client-sided mod or GUI, and if any such mod is made, it will be made after the planned server-sided components are finished.

uh

well the only thing a dagger would have going for it involves concealment and puncturing

range usually wins over anything
kinda the reason we have guns nowadays...

daggers / knives need an element of surprise to beat anything

mayb all regular wep mounts to the player's side when not for use, while the dagger does not

backstab dmg s kinda dumb...but works

mayb have a surprise attack

attacking within 5000ms of pulling your dagger out could bleed / cripple the target

or a rclick throw / knife play
I don't think it's entirely unreasonable to expect that players would be able to ambush each other, especially since followers of the Darkin religion can use magic to give themselves the appearance of other players or to turn themselves invisible.

itd be neat to see how restrictive gods can be on the player

based off of how you described darklins, seems like they fill the roles of an assassin

restrictions could involve:

unable to wear armor
not using a dagger imposes penalties
less health

kinda imposes a balance to worshipping a god

itd be neat to see how restrictive gods can be on the player

based off of how you described darklins, seems like they fill the roles of an assassin

restrictions could involve:

unable to wear armor
not using a dagger imposes penalties
less health

kinda imposes a balance to worshipping a god
Tribes and enemies need to be finished before religion can be added, so it will be a while.

So far we haven't really considered drawbacks to following a religion, but I don't think they're necessary. You already need to complete tasks in order to gain favor (and bonuses).

It's looking like the poll is slipping towards being in favor of the implementation of daggers. I'll get the coding done and put them in as soon as I get my hands on some models.

When will the server be up again? I haven't seen it in a while.

When will the server be up again? I haven't seen it in a while.
been playing too much heroes of the storm and path of exile