Author Topic: SAME-love MARRIAGE NOW LEGAL NATIONWIDE  (Read 28292 times)

I think I just started a flamewar without even trying

10/10 bl forums
so can you give your opinion so Ike can get on with his life?

honestly it can't be worse than anything said prior so go for it

This made my morning. Now if you could all stop arguing my whole week will be made.

This made my morning. Now if you could all stop arguing my whole week will be made.

we're almost there

I can fix that.
PM me if you want to stop being friends, then I'll reunlock this.

stuffty idea locking it
look just stop arguing ok
i want this to be happy not filled with not happiness

I don't think it should've been ruled against anyways, but regardless this is good news

stuffty idea locking it
look just stop arguing ok
i want this to be happy not filled with not happiness

the funny part is that people were pretty much done arguing lol

Roberts had an interesting argument in his dissent, but he didn't really explain why the 14th amendment doesn't necessitate equal treatment via marriage. (The Equal Protection clause has already been incorporated in individual states in cases before, so yes it applies I think)

So as far as I can see there isn't a significant legal argument against this. I think had the Supreme Court not done this, it would have inevitably become legalized in all the states anyway, (maybe the South would take a while, as they always do) but it's cool that it came so quickly.

Can't quote because lock

It wasn't "legalized" per-se, the court just found that making same-love marriage illegal wasn't right

Which is effectively making it legal
Today's ruling means the bans must end in the other 14 states

Which is effectively making it legal

Pretty much, in a more roundabout way. I don't think the supreme court can make laws, only contest them.

That's cool I guess.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2015, 12:50:50 PM by Sp00n.exe »

It's ridiculous how every branch of government is tripping over itself to appease and pander to as many minorities as possible.
It's funny how few people know Otis is a troll
That's cool I guess.
I'm alright with gays along as they don't shove it in people's faces., just hopefully this will tone down the amount of gay pride parades.
I'm pretty sure you've never met a gay person or been to a pride parade

Aces, allowing people to express their thoughts and opinions on matters is essential to a free and open society. Guess what, not everyone is the same as you, and they might think differently from you and have different life experiences.
I actually missed this but I may as well retort.

Nobody is the same as me, doesn't take a sudden revelation to find this out. People liked to jump to the conclusion in this thread that I was actively inhibiting not being pro-gay marriage.

If that actually needed to be said three times.

Cool. I'm indifferent really to the whole situation. They really fixated too long on this "issue" and made it more of a big deal than it actually was. Good that they finally reached a conclusion.

im a straight christian male and i disagree with gays being able to marry because the bible opposes it, and because family values and gays should stop trying to impose the gay agenda on me