certain people in VerticalHorizon's drama topic (AFRAIDANNA, NAL, TABOO, BDARTY)

Author Topic: certain people in VerticalHorizon's drama topic (AFRAIDANNA, NAL, TABOO, BDARTY)  (Read 8750 times)

i really cannot believe how one-sided and simple minded many of you can be at times
times are changing and it should not be difficult for people to come out with their feelings
just because you do not understand doesnt mean you should automatically hate people who feel this way
dont get me wrong, there are many good people within the topic who were supportive and understanding

but the people that werent

i dont get why people want to be rebellious and choose/make their own ''gender'' you were born with a gender, and you need to stick with it
this

if you're a guy, you're a guy
Haha, hooooo boy, the attention whoring is real.
Born a man stay a man. Born a woman stay a woman. What's so hard about that?
Why would someone post this topic just to talk about how they're different. It sounds like a plee for attention. How would other people know if you didn't talk about it. Also publicly saying that you are won't really change much. It would just feed some hungry trolls looking for these types of things.

there is probably much more but i dont want to type a whole bunch

im not trying to be a tumblrite or social justice warrior or any stuff like that, its just that anyone who does this sort of stuff makes me wonder if any progress is really being made in the world realizing that people are people no matter what they think of themselves

these are people, people
just because you dont understand their views about themselves doesnt mean you cant understand their feelings when you kick them down or say stuff like "why cant ya just be what god made'ya boy"
cause youve all been stuff on in one point in your life, and i know that if you were put into the same situation that they are in, you wouldnt want someone else talking to you that way

all persons deserve respect and thats a lot to ask of you big boys out there on the forums
even though it shouldnt be

Why didn't you just post this in the topic?

who would read through 32 pages to find what i said

lack of attention attraction

yep

Why do you think so highly of your own opinion that it needs to be a separate topic?

...why didn't you keep it in the one topic

...why didn't you keep it in the one topic
Well if you bothered to read a few posts...

Well if you bothered to read a few posts...
that's no reason to make a topic about it, use common sense

this would get replies or people arguing about it in that thread

that's no reason to make a topic about it, use common sense
what makes you think I agree with him

what makes you think I agree with him
...I didn't say that? I'm just saying that's still no reason for this topic

why are you assuming that the only reason people are talking stuff is because they dont understand him

You'd think that that's an indication of something...

im not trying to be a tumblrite or social justice warrior or any stuff like that, its just that anyone who does this sort of stuff makes me wonder if any progress is really being made in the world
the bl forums is a realistic example of all of humanity

Bisjac summed up the issue pretty well.

i have an issue with anyone whom plays at their own differences for the sake of victim support. its just a different type of attention seeking.

everyone's differences should be acknowledged. but no one has the right to demand tolerance or acceptance.
VerticalHorizon used his lifestyle as a transloveual to claim victim status and get attention, because he was insulted by many people for choosing to follow said lifestyle. I acknowledge the fact that VH chooses to live as a transloveual, but I do not condone or accept it whatsoever because in my eyes it is immoral and perverted. But regardless of how I feel about it, it was not right that he was mistreated like that.

Likewise, many others on this forum do not condone or accept my belief in Christianity, scoffing at it with a wide variety of insults and labels, and I get made fun of every day because of my belief in Jesus, but you don't see me making threads about how much of a victim I feel I am, or demanding people "educate themselves" and accept me, or asking around "okay, now who here dislikes Christians so I can know who to avoid?". This comparison is not to imply "how good I am compared to VH", as that would indeed be arrogant and hypocritical, but to point out that using lifestyle choices - and the way you are treated for following them - as a leverage point or means by which to get special treatment or attention is neither righteous or commendable.

all persons deserve respect and thats a lot to ask of you big boys out there on the forums
No they don't. Respect is what it is for a reason, because it's not just freely handed out. It is given when earned and deserved. People like Chester Turner, VoDKa, Ayman al-Zawahiri, Luis Garavito, Andrew Philip Kehoe, Charles Manson, and Seung-Hui Cho all committed terrible crimes and murdered many people, but you're telling me that regardless of that, we should still automatically give them respect, because "everyone deserves it"? Have you lost your mind? Don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Respect

Also remember that you can still be nice to someone and treat them kindly without respecting, tolerating or accepting the way they choose to live.

thanks for reading my second post