Author Topic: Friends can't connect after port forward  (Read 1836 times)

Hello, I've been having a rather irritating problem with my server lately.

My friends have not been able to connect to my server because of the repeating punch packet things and my server's ping being ---

Now, I have done the following:

Forwarded Blockland's ports
Restarted server and blockland
restarted computer
Changing amount of players to a higher/lower amount

This happened before i forwarded the ports as well. Am I missing something?

You also need to let the ports and Blockland through your computer's firewall.

Blockland is already allowed through the firewall, how do I do the same for the ports?

Bump, still need help with this :/

Okay, I figured out how to let ports through, do i do this with 28000 or something else

Okay, I figured out how to let ports through, do i do this with 28000 or something else
Do it with whatever port Blockland uses. If you haven't changed it then use 28000. If you have, or are not sure, check this when starting a server:

I've opened the port and it still doesn't work... but i am getting challenge requests in the server console which is different from before, but friends still can't connect.

did you disable hosting using UPnP?

I'm having the same problem.

Bump, I really need a solution for this :/

some routers for some dumb reason require a static ip on your computer in order to register the port. when i was port forwarding i had trouble with this and didn't completely understand what i was supposed to do until i looked up a tutorial. have you set up a static ip address for your computer?

I don't believe so, i'll try that.

It didn't work...

I'm really stumped about this, people can join but only sometimes or every other day, some people still can't join at all.

If this can't be solved then i'm giving up on hosting, at least for a while...

I've solved the issue!

it seems Westell routers don't like blockland very much, so after a problem with my modem's wireless capabilities going down, we got a new router and it seems to work perfectly now.

So for people with the same problem with a Westell router, consider getting a new router if all else fails, because as mentioned before, westell seems to have an issue with Blockland.

Locking.