Working Television/Movie Screen Or a Screen in General

Poll

Can we try and get this accomplished?

WE NEED ALL OF OUR BEST SCRIPTERS ON THIS RIGHT NOW
0 (0%)
I am or know a scripter and will try to help with this.
0 (0%)
It sounds awesome! But I can't help :c
2 (40%)
As amazing as this would be, it's not possible, at least that I know of.
3 (60%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Author Topic: Working Television/Movie Screen Or a Screen in General  (Read 957 times)

/Title

I know, this seems crazy right? Or is it? Can this actually be done or is it too complicated to even start going there? The reason I'm doing this is because BS3 and BLC 2015 are both coming up, and I think that it would be amazing for there to be working screens at booths, and maybe a giant screen that can show everyone a trailer for an upcoming game-mode. And think, the novelty computer bricks would be useful, and it would add a whole aspect to role play or TDM's (Ex. Teams are given orders on a screen. And people can watch TV or access secret files in a role play) Think of the possibilities this could add! So, is it possible to make an entire script that allows BOTH video AND audio feed? (I'm sorry if this has been suggested before, it probably has).

Possible Event: OnActivate > Self > PlayVideo > -Link of a youtube video-

badspot aint gonna do it :(

One way this could be semi feasibly done is by making a done of prints each of a video frame and changing them at high speed. So we'd need something that can automatically make datablocks for all the prints that'd be needed and deletes them once it's displayed (better if the prints aren't preloaded; maybe 10 at a time tops if any to keep datablock counts low assuming you'd delete the datablock after you display it). As for multiple screeens, change some other value about the datablock to a random number or just the brick's object ID.
this video shows it's obviously not impossible; though he never released it/probably won't.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2015, 09:47:52 PM by QuadStorm »

One way this could be semi feasibly done is by making a done of prints each of a video frame and changing them at high speed. So we'd need something that can automatically make datablocks for all the prints that'd be needed and deletes them once it's displayed (better if the prints aren't preloaded; maybe 10 at a time tops if any to keep datablock counts low assuming you'd delete the datablock after you display it). As for multiple screeens, change some other value about the datablock to a random number or just the brick's object ID.
this video shows it's obviously not impossible; though he never released it/probably won't.
i believe this won't work to well. if you watch the videos, you'll see that they are very short clips playing on the tv, because running 15 fps with prints would take up thousands of prints to even do a short video. the best way to do this is just <a:youtube.com>link</a> instead of doing anything else.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2015, 10:31:13 PM by Gytyyhgfffff »

i believe this won't work to well. if you watch the videos, you'll see that they are very short clips playing on the tv, because running 15 fps with prints would take up thousands of prints to even do a short video. the best way to do this is just <a:youtube.com>link</a> instead of doing anything else.
well assuming the video isn't longer than 60 seconds and that datablocks could be dynamically created and destroyed, it should work to some degree. of course it'd never be perfect by any means and i do agree just linking the video will be preferable; it was just an idea on how someone would be able make this

my idea would probably work better as an electronic billboard with only a few images changing around every few seconds

I was just about to suggest this but nevermind.

Mostly would be cool because you could make a blockland cinema gamemode (the one like on Garry's mod)
also, This won't really work because how old the engine blockland is using.
but, you will never know if you could actually do such a thing or not.

/support

well assuming...that datablocks could be dynamically created and destroyed
They can't

They can't
well, guess it'd only really be practical for an electronic billboard then since it'd obviously be very datablock heavy