Controller support

Author Topic: Controller support  (Read 1264 times)

Badspot should add controller support.

D-pad: move brick
Bumpers: L = light R=fire tool
Face buttons: Y = Brick menu B = cycle bricks A= paint X= place
Triggers: L = cycle tools R = jets
Left stick: move
Right stick: look
Stick button left: jump
Stick button right: jump/jet combo

Any thoughts?

http://xpadder.com/
It would be nice if controller support was default though

But this has been discussed many times before and unfortunately, there's no signs of it being added any time soon, if at all

that costs money
It's $10. To a good developer.

Basically XPadder but free and pretty much better.
Joy To Key is janky as hell, but if you really aren't willing to cough up ten dollars, it's pretty much the only other option.

I've been goofing about writing my own controller support. I may release it if I add a GUI and custom keybinds..

torque has controller support built in

torque has controller support built in
It does, but there are no default binding capabilities that come default with Blockland (not speaking through scripting ofc ofc). However, ANYONE could just make the binds themselves through scripting it's very easy (not sure if anyone has released such a mod).

I'm working on a controller binding add-on that will allow the user to customize each gamepad button/stroke to what they want. Along with that I'm going to add the element of profiles, saving and switching profiles on the users whim. After each new profile is created, the ability to switch to that profile with a single keystroke will also be added. This is the primary goal which inspires me so much. Switching through multiple profiles with just the d-pad alone would be amazing. You can make each profile connect to countless other profiles, the possibilities are endless!