Poll

Interest in X-COM:UFO Defense LP?

Yes
No

Author Topic: How interested would you be in a screenshot Let's Play of XCOM:UFO Defense?  (Read 968 times)

Thinking of doing a LP of X-COM:UFO Defense(using OpenXCOM, a open-source clone that isn't as bug-ridden as the original UFO Defense and is easily moddable) with GIFs and screenshots. Modifications like new terrain, weapons, and a sort-of EXALT faction(Men In Black mod) will be used. How interested would you be?

Example pictures:

When all you have is weak ballistic weaponry versus Cyberdiscs, this can only end well.

Cyberdisc reaction fire

Forumers will be allowed to submit names for X-COM soldiers and hope that they don't get their soldier's faces melted off, which is unlikely. X-COM soldiers are infamous for not being able to shoot worth a damn and having a high rate of casualties.

X-COM:UFO Defense(UFO:Enemy Unknown in Europe) is a 1994 Turn Based Tactics game known for it's difficulty. Anyone can and will die in X-COM, even with the Flying Suit(best armor in the unmodded game). All it takes is a single lucky Plasma shot(Weapons do between 0% to 200% of their listed damage depending on how much the RNG hates you) and your Commander-rank soldier is gone. Sectoids/Etherals like to abuse their Psionic powers and panic/mind control your soldiers constantly, Cyberdiscs are accurate, hard to kill, and explode on death, Mutons are tough against everything but Plasma, Sectopods are resistant to plasma weapons and can dish out tons of pain, Chryssalids can instantly zombify your soldiers and potentially start a local zombie apocalypse, and so on.

X-COM wins by researching (weapons, corpses, interrogating live aliens, etc) and finishing off the aliens in one final battle at Cydonia once they research and launch the Avenger craft. Along the way, X-COM will have to stop Terror Missions, assault Alien Bases and downed UFOs, and survive multiple Base Defense missions.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2015, 12:53:37 PM by tber123 »

yes please.

yes

Another thing to mention is that I'll be playing on Superhuman Difficulty which I've never done before(Only played on Beginner and even that kicked my ass first time around. Once I knew what I was doing, it became fairly easy).
« Last Edit: July 09, 2015, 09:41:30 AM by tber123 »

ur forgeted kid
make everyones name (NO NAME) because u cant get attached, trust me

ur forgeted kid
make everyones name (NO NAME) because u cant get attached, trust me

OpenXCOM has a battle generator that I've been using to practice a bit on Superhuman difficulty.

do not name it lets play
lets plays are overused and mostly stuff
just take the best parts from the game and edit the boring parts out, and name it "highlights"

you've done this like a dozen times in community projects already

no not at all, haven't you already done stuff like this already?

no.
seriously, you have done at least dozen games in community projects.

Stop with the horrible games already.