Author Topic: Procedural Terrain Generator v3 [Working on v3.1]  (Read 100508 times)

What is the point of this topic then?

I've been making all kinds of various setups with no results, but to make sure there's no misunderstanding, what steps do I need to take to get actual terrain out of default preset?
All you have to do is load it in the presets manager and click the Apply and Start button. If you save your current settings and send them to me though, I can see what you're generating and trouble shoot it on my end.

What is the point of this topic then?
To discuss about PTG? you aren't entitled to be here lol

To discuss about PTG? you aren't entitled to be here lol
What on earth are you talking about. I was referring to you starting a bug log as you said and asking people to send bug reports in a PM to you.

So far so go- GAH

lmao why does it do these un-usual cut-offs at random, i've made atleast 5 different generations and 3 of them have done this. so wierd. otherwise most other stuff is working.

also i can't seem to load builds with this, is that one of the features that isn't in this version?

I have compiled a temporary list of bugs for now, please note that the list is subject to change at any given time.
http://pastebin.com/dSPTm5LL

So far so go- GAH
-pic-

lmao why does it do these un-usual cut-offs at random, i've made atleast 5 different generations and 3 of them have done this. so wierd. otherwise most other stuff is working.

also i can't seem to load builds with this, is that one of the features that isn't in this version?
Yes, I still need to figure out how to make it work with non-local connections, so it's not included in this version.

I have compiled a temporary list of bugs for now, please note that the list is subject to change at any given time.
http://pastebin.com/dSPTm5LL
Thanks Maxxi

D/L
I loaded your preset and got normal default terrain, not sure what's causing that. No console errors?

« Last Edit: July 19, 2015, 08:28:46 PM by [GSF]Ghost »

yeah i can't even change the print now it just stays the vent print

I will trace the issue tomorrow.

godDAMNIT

I don't even have mountains enabled, no biomes

gave me around 30 runtime windows

yeah i can't even change the print now it just stays the vent print
Actually from the screenshot that's the shore biome, changing options for that should work.

It might be best to do a video tutorial, would that help? I was going to wait until the beta release, but it seems like it might be necessary now.

Woah, i actually got some decent terrain finally, although it seems infinite generation is the cause of the cut-off terrain, finite terrain works like a charm.

Actually from the screenshot that's the shore biome, changing options for that should work.

It might be best to do a video tutorial, would that help? I was going to wait until the beta release, but it seems like it might be necessary now.
Yea, you might want to push it out while you can. I have to be a little honest the GUI does take a bit of a learning curve before you know what to do with it.

-picsnip-
Holy loving forget. That's beautiful.

Amazing job, GSF. Even if you never get around to truly finishing this, I still want it.