Author Topic: Procedural Terrain Generator v3 [Working on v3.1]  (Read 100427 times)

+ Submitted Builds
          - The generator has an option for converting and loading custom player builds into the landscape randomly, relative to certain conditions chosen by the host / admin. So it would be great to include default builds with the generator for demonstration purposes.
          - Any and all builds welcome; credit will be given.

Are you still seeking out custom builds? Do this builds require to be a certain theme, or can there be multiple builds for specific/varying themes?

that's amazing looking.
Thanks, I'm trying to make the GUIs as easy to use and understand as possible. That was a major request for the update.

Are you still seeking out custom builds? Do this builds require to be a certain theme, or can there be multiple builds for specific/varying themes?
Yes, I'm open to including custom builds until the add-on is finally released. They don't necessarily have to pertain to certain themes, but it would great to receive builds that would fit into the following categories:

1. Medieval Buildings (such as houses, small or large castles, inns, forts, stables, ships, etc.)
2. Space (like stations on other planets, outposts)
3. Western
4. Desert Arabian
5. Arctic
6. Generic Houses
7. Miscellaneous (random builds)

I'm open to anything though, it can even consist of multiple builds within one save which is very easy to divide into smaller saves.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2015, 02:43:35 PM by [GSF]Ghost »

Would you be open to modular buildings? It would require extra work to put in but allowing people to also generate buildings of the below themes would be useful.

If you haven't capped it I would love to test!

I can make a few buildings too - I'm assuming default bricks only?
« Last Edit: July 14, 2015, 01:03:06 PM by TristanLuigi »

it'd be interesting to recreate some of the houses from the old maps and have those as presets for generated buildings

I can test as well if you haven't reached a limit yet.

Would you be open to modular buildings? It would require extra work to put in but allowing people to also generate buildings of the below themes would be useful.
Yeah sure, you mean like for like generating cities using loaded builds?

I can test as well if you haven't reached a limit yet.
Haven't capped it yet :) I'll include y'all in the OP; 30 will probably be the max.

I can make a few buildings too - I'm assuming default bricks only?
Builds that use default bricks only is recommended. However, builds that use non-default brick packs that are included with the game are also welcome, just please let me know which are included.

it'd be interesting to recreate some of the houses from the old maps and have those as presets for generated buildings
That would be epic, I might be able recreate some of the maps as presets.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2015, 03:18:23 PM by [GSF]Ghost »

Yeah sure, you mean like for like generating cities using loaded builds?
Generating buildings using smaller structures.

I'm so open on creating custom randomly generator builds. I think it would be super fun to make a whole bunch of random buildings.

Generating buildings using smaller structures.
Oh okay, yeah that might be a little much for this update. Great idea though

I'm so open on creating custom randomly generator builds. I think it would be super fun to make a whole bunch of random buildings.
If you don't mind that would be awesome, if I have time I'll make some myself. One thing I loved about games such as the Elder Scrolls: Oblivion was just exploring the game world, and coming across things like houses, inns, guarded forts, etc. I'm hoping to recreate that to a certain extent with PTG.

Biome setup is basically done! Here's an example of how they're setup in version 3:

I'm also in the process of trying to figure out where to save saved chunks and builds. I thought it would be a good idea to save chunks and builds with presets (so if you share a preset with others, it'll include the builds they loaded in and edited chunks), but that complicates uploading presets to the server. I welcome any ideas, but for now I'll just treat them as separate from presets.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2015, 09:05:23 PM by [GSF]Ghost »

Looking good, what's the ETA of the testing phase?

I should have the alpha version ready for testing by Sunday, and the beta version a week after that.

I peed my pants. Now we can do a godzilla shoot for blockland.

Hey could you release a file of all the custom bricks this uses? It would be helpful for making buildings.

Hey could you release a file of all the custom bricks this uses? It would be helpful for making buildings.
i'm assuming it uses whatever bricks are on your server at the moment, so i doubt there's custom ones for the add-on itself, as it would use any brick you enable?