Poll

What alignment would you like to see expanded in Mafia Madness? (elaboration appreciated)

The Innocents
15 (29.4%)
The Mafia
8 (15.7%)
Unaligned Good
2 (3.9%)
Unaligned Neutral
11 (21.6%)
Unaligned Evil
8 (15.7%)
Something else?? (elaborate in post)
7 (13.7%)

Total Members Voted: 51

Author Topic: Mafia Madness (too) [BETA] [OFFLINE] [Public Beta v2.2.1; Deathville v1.1.0]  (Read 24897 times)

there should be some way to let admins see roles and who killed who while spectating

there should be some way to let admins see roles and who killed who while spectating
there is! /eventlog [searchstring] will show you all game events so far. it's the same list that's shown at the end of the round. /rolelist will show you the roles of all players in that round. you can also do /findOwner (or whoIs or findRole) <initials> to find all players that have a specific role. in addition, there is a gun log for every player that can be accessed by doing /gunLog <playerName> which shows all events of that player taking out weapons, putting them away, using weapons, and killing.

there is! /eventlog [searchstring] will show you all game events so far. it's the same list that's shown at the end of the round. /rolelist will show you the roles of all players in that round. you can also do /findOwner (or whoIs or findRole) <initials> to find all players that have a specific role. in addition, there is a gun log for every player that can be accessed by doing /gunLog <playerName> which shows all events of that player taking out weapons, putting them away, using weapons, and killing.
thank you but still :(
just help make it a teeeeensy bit easier to administrate :(

yeah that's one of the things i've been trying to do with this. most of these have come out of situations where something was specifically needed to solve a problem, like the gunlog. if something comes up that needs another tool just Leme Kno

mm has always been kinda hard to administrate because of the kind of game that it is. there's not much a way to create automatic administration stuff other than things like a reputation system. would probably be worth looking into an extension with something like that to see how it works out.

there's not much a way to create automatic administration stuff other than things like a reputation system. would probably be worth looking into an extension with something like that to see how it works out.
i have done this and will be testing it more fully tonight if nothing Unexpected Happens

hosting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: February 20, 2016, 07:52:11 PM by otto-san »

make the loving jester NOT kill EVERYONE else when he dies because it's loving dumb as forget and makes people not play entire gamemodes
/rant

violence ensured

I wonder If that all happened after I left...
 Dang, missed it...

server crashed!! oh well!! also the rep system is pretty mediocre!!

Hosting at Mini's Mafia Madness Too

server crashed!! oh well!! also the rep system is pretty mediocre!!
Don't let it get to you. It was a first iteration, there was no reason to be so horribly negative about any idea remotely relating to it.

We made a Mini's Edition Pyramid for smaller servers/less players. You took out like a floor or something smh. Otto should integrate it wherein the map goes to that if the server is like 8 people or less.

It was made by You, sponsored by MiniServer Inc.

considering hosting a 24/7-esque server
would open when admins are on, close when none are on

EDIT: yeah i want to go through with this
send me ur gamemodes pls

EDIT2: small complaint
MMT_*/*.mmgm isn't a default search pattern, had to MM_RegisterAllModeFiles("Add-Ons/MMT_x/*.mmgm"); manually

also
Charles, You, Mini, Caden, Gyt, and Otto all have SA and can open the server at any time, all they gotta do is join
if they leave and no admin is on, it'll close behind them
« Last Edit: February 23, 2016, 02:42:01 AM by TheBlackParrot »